About Us At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. HDR Engineering is looking for an Industrial Client Development Leader to join our growing Resources Business Group.
Primary Responsibilities The Industrial Client Development Leader is responsible for coordination and oversight of HDR’s Idaho, Eastern Washington and Oregon, and Utah’s industrial marketing programs and initiatives. Oversee business development activities for major planning, design, and construction programs, as well as mega-projects; work with local operations managers and regional directors in the areas of strategic planning, development of annual and long term goals, budgeting, program leadership, client development, community and industry participation, project pursuits, staffing and marketing training.
- Responsible for working with the Sector Director and local leadership to drive the growth of the business through new client establishment and scope of service offering to existing clients.
- Supports Sector Director and local leadership to develop strategic goals and initiatives as part of HDR’s annual planning process.
- Serves as client manager for select key clients.
- Possesses and maintains knowledge of client needs and plans, tracks the current and trending business environment, and maintains awareness of client assessment of HDR in order to anticipate, track and capture contract assignments.
- Identifies the leading clients and services needed within the market sector.
- After listening to clients, implements an integrated approach among HDR’s technical groups in coordinating marketing opportunities.
- Tracks market changes through client/industry involvement and acts as primary holder of HDR’s brand in an area.
- Tracks upcoming contracts/projects. Drives sound Go/No-Go decisions as we target the best opportunities. Works closely with the pursuit leadership to develop a winning strategy.
- Owns and works with the team to meet fee booking goals.
- Acts as the focal point within the market sector area for coordination of activities between clients and HDR, including all HDR companies/business groups/practice areas.
- Help develop client managers’ client contact skills and sound client plans.
- Responsible for supporting and driving the relevant metrics (Revenue, Costs and Profit) within the Idaho Industrial Sector. In particular, responsible for the Industrial marketing budgets.
- Recruit and retain the necessary talent to ensure that HDR is an Industry Leader within the Industrial Sector.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- 20+ years of project management and client development experience within the industrial market.
- Excellent marketing and business development skills in addition to contacts/relationships in the industrial sector.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain clients in consulting industry.
- Existing network of clients in Idaho area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Track record of working cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff
- Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
Why HDR At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.