Industrial Automation - Business Development
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
Summary: Responsible for developing a strong pipeline of new customers and business relationships that support HESCO’s annual growth goal while maintaining a high level of integrity, professionalism and service excellence as an industry leader and solution provider. The main focus of this position is to identify, cultivate and serve new and prospective customers and markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develops and implements strategic sales plans to meet and exceed corporate goals.
Identifies prospects, qualifies leads, responds to inquiries, prepares and presents proposals, provides persuasive commercial solutions, assures technical support is provided, and conducts effective negotiations as necessary to meet sales and profitability requirements.
Monitors competitor activities and other developments within the industry as necessary to recommend an effective long-term growth strategy.
Evaluates, develops and manages potential new product lines in accordance with the HESCO growth strategy.
Prepares periodic reports showing sales volume, potential sales and targets for proposed client base expansion.
Becomes an ambassador for HESCO distribution products and services within the industry, and serves as an effective customer advocate to enhance the customer’s experience and impressions.
Serves as an effective liaison between the Sales department and other related departments.
Controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
Performs related duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degreedesired; and a minimum of 3years of demonstrated sales results, preferably within the Industrial Automation industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven sales/customer relations skills (i.e. interpersonal skills, public speaking and presentation abilities, written and verbal communication skills, high emotional intelligence, positive attitude and a service leadership philosophy).
- Goal oriented, high achieving, highly self-motivated sales hunter.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, unflappable integrity and a high level of self-accountability.
- Ability to respond to inquiries and requests rapidly and professionally utilizing other HESCO/ASG team members.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical plans and specifications is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively author and deliver customer proposals, progress reports and internal presentations.
- Ability to solve problems and create innovative solutions in situations where only limited data exists.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; experience with Tour de Force CRM is desired.
- This position may require up to 75% travel within Connecticut.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient using Microsoft Office desktop tools including PowerPoint and inventory systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.