Job Description Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Manufacturing Engineer at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization to assist the plant in managing the enhancement of the production process.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for performing engineering tasks that deal directly with the manufacturing assembly of forklifts. This role will also plan, organizes, develops, and implements projects or activities to optimize productivity in terms of quality, quantity and cost. Acts as a liaison between various engineering functions and manufacturing. Provides guidance and direction to DFT/OMS Coordinators.
The Manufacturing Engineer Will Have the Following Key Accountabilities:
- Provide proper documentation, tools and training for the assembly of trucks as well as functional troubleshooting
- Develop and maintain Sequence of Events (SOE) documentation in a Demand Flow Technology (DFT) manufacturing environment
- Evaluate and resolve problems for Manufacturing and develop operators to resolve problems themselves
- Use Engineering skills to develop methods, standards, line balances and line layouts
- Provide feedback of design and review of manufacturability as well as cost of products
- Develop and maintain Operational methods Sheets (OMS) to support assembly of forklifts
- Analyze, develop, layout, procure and install, equipment and tools for implementing product
- Establish and document procedures to assemble new product. Train operators in correct assembly procedures and resolve any additional problems
- Develop, document & maintain processes within established guidelines
- Identify and purchase required tools, equipment and supplies. Work with Manufacturing and QA to startup, debug and verify processes
- Provide guidance and direction to the DFT/OMS Coordinators in the support of Flow Manufacturing
- Analyze; assess cost justifications for each alternative and asset in the writing of Acquisition Requests (ARs.) Install, start-up, and de-bug equipment
- Train operators in safe use and maintenance of equipment
The Manufacturing Engineer Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
- 4 Year IE/ME or related degree & formal training
- Work Experience/formal classes (5-7 years of Manufacturing Experience)
- On the Job Training
- Formal/Vendor Training
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- Profit Sharing + 401K with company matching
- PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Health Clinic
- On-site cafeteria
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.