Individual Giving Officer
New York Edge is New York?s leading provider of after-school programs. Our mission is to bridge the opportunity gap among students in high-need communities by extending the school day and year with wholesome, skill-building activities designed to improve New York City children?s academic performance, health and wellness, attitude towards school, self-confidence, character and values, and opportunity for lifelong employment.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Individual Giving Officer will be responsible for building and managing the individual giving program by creating and enhancing relationships with current and prospective donors to meet NYE?s fundraising goal. This position will build the individual donor pipeline and develop donor strategies and relationships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop plan to identify and cultivate donors $5,+ level
- Strategize and execute plan
- Support the CEO and CDO?s fundraising efforts
- Participate in bi-weekly prospect meetings with CDO and DA
- Interact with board members and relevant committees to provide research and develop strategy for Board donor prospects
- Conduct new prospect research
- Build a portfolio of 75-100 gift prospects of all categories
- Assist with events and grant proposals as needed
- Engage program staff in planning as necessary
- Collaborate with the Development team on the Annual Fund
- Duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Fundraising ?? proven success fundraising with nonprofit organizations. Experience raising money
within the New York City philanthropic community. Knowledge in the nature and dimensions of
philanthropy, motivations for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices, standard
fundraising techniques (including face-to-face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, telephone
solicitation, and direct mail), and development office functions (including gift processing, prospect and
donor histories, and fundraising reporting);
Relationship Building ?? skilled at establishing and cultivating strong long-term relationships with peers,
across different of the organizational and externally. Effective at working collaboratively with others to
achieve common goals and objectives. Must demonstrate an empathetic disposition and perseverance,
and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors.
- Bachelor?s degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years work experience in development with demonstrated success in fundraising with nonprofit organizations
- Experience with education, the nonprofit world and New York City funding sources desirable
- Willingness to travel, particularly within 5 boroughs but also where program sites or donor events require participation
- Availability for working some evenings and weekends is required
To apply, please visit our website at sasfny.org/careers
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.