The Domestic Tax team is looking for an experienced Senior Manager to join the team to support US indirect tax. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is skillful in communicating with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workflows that involve multiple stakeholders, build strong relationships within Tax and across the Finance organization, and strong verbal and written communication.
The role will be based in Los Gatos/Los Angeles and will report directly to the Director of Domestic Tax.
- Monitor and document pending US indirect tax legislation applicable to Netflix
- Communicate US indirect tax law changes to the Global Tax leadership and impacted team leadership
- Prepare technical memorandum on technical issues and positions
- Review client and vendor agreements to analyze US indirect tax matters.
- Discuss with internal and external stakeholders recommended approach and risk mitigation/tax planning strategies to maximize profit/return on investment
- Communicate and present tax findings, potential impact of such findings on structure and other related tax issues with senior leadership and project teams
- Supervise the US indirect tax team
Qualities We�re Looking For:
- 15+ years of US indirect tax technical experience (state income tax is a plus)
- People management experience
- Strong technical expertise in and understanding of Multistate tax legislation
- Strong understanding of financial concepts
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to build and grow relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- You are experienced in partnering effectively with the broad range of stakeholders who are impacted by US indirect tax
- You aren�t interested in simply doing what�s been done before. You are curious, strategic, and you want to add your own perspective on how we do things to make us even better
- BS / BA in Accounting or Finance and CPA/CA/JD