The Indirect Tax Manager supports various functions within the State and Local Tax Group including, but not limited to, Indirect audit and controversy matters, research and planning, the review of state and local sales, use and telecommunications tax returns, business license returns, and various other federal, state and local returns as required. The position also includes management of other value-enhancing and special projects. As Indirect Tax Manager you will work closely with the other members of the indirect tax team. As part of the Corporate Tax Department, you will interact with taxdirectors, managers and staff on planning, compliance and controversy matters.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business operations and apply business knowledge in tax analysis.
- Develop and train staff members
- Manage indirect taxaudits and other controversy matters.
- Work with indirect tax software systems and work papers.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual state and local sales, use, and telecommunications tax returns. Requires analyzing the data in review of the return and managing staff.
- Manage refund initiatives and other value-enhancing projects.
- Research and interpret state tax statutes, regulations, and rulings, as well as local tax ordinances to ensure that the company is compliant.
- Participate in identifying, analyzing, planning, and implementing tax and administrative cost saving strategies whenever possible.
- Review indirect tax account reconciliations, reserve analysis and accruals.
- Manage and support indirect tax special projects as needed.
- Opportunities to broaden experience in VAT and GST.
- Minimum 7 years of U.S. indirect taxexperience, either in-house with U.S. multinational corporations or in public accounting.
- Strong understanding of indirect compliance process.
- Experience with indirect tax software, such as OneSource
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle Cloud or otherfinancial accounting systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate in multi-task and deadline driven team- environment.
- Experience with supervising and developing staff.
- Strong communication skills.