Currently, Meijer is looking for an Indirect Spend Manager. The position isresponsible for directing day-to-day operations, leading and developing the Indirect Spend Procurement team. This team supportscategory managers and procurement operations by acting as a Center of Excellence for procurement processes and tools. Key elements of this position include managing the resourcesresponsible for developing tools, processes, and analyses to enhance sourcing and procurement activities. Key Deliverables:
- Manage the Indirect Spend Procurement Team team members
- Support team member development necessary to meet their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Establish and uphold procurement data entry standards to achieve data integrity and accuracy across Indirect Procurement systems (including SAP Ariba)
- Responsible for benchmarking, developing business cases, and implementing programs to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Indirect Procurement organization.
- Drive continuous improvement in spend management processes and implemented tactics to drive compliance across the company
- Conduct market analysis to support category management and provide supplier management support
- Supervise the development, monitoring, interpretation[DS1] , collection, auditing and launching of metrics associated with key performance indicators for indirect spend
- Oversee the development and maintenance of project timelines for procurement-owned items
- Stay actively involved in follow-up efforts on project related issues, including the identification of gaps and roadblocks, analyzing root causes and implementing solutions
- Lead the development, requirements gathering, planning and execution of new system launches and/or system upgrades
- Drive improvement in spend visibility, contract management and the procure to pay processes.
- Maintain Subject Matter Expertise for systems critical to Procurement
- Facilitate Indirect Procurement and corporate team member training of procurement processes and systems
- Ensure the management and maintenance of the new and used fixture inventory management program aligns with corporate guidelines
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of theresponsibilities of this position; may performother duties as assigned orrequired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related major; MBA preferred
- APICS and/or CPM certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing
- 4+ years of leadership experiencepreferred
- Experience with large, complex companies, preferably in excess of $1 billion in revenue
- Effective at designing practices, processes, and procedures for effective communications and guidance for remote decision-making
- Experience developing, implementing and managing performance metrics
- Project managementexperience in implementation with cross-functional savings projects experiencerequired
- Procure to Pay system experience, preferably SAP and/or Ariba
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize team member assignments to meet commitments
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Ability to hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Ability to become an expert in the use of the various systems in support of Properties and Indirect Procurement initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to identify root causes, secure relevant information, and identify/execute solutions.
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of business customers and team members
- Ability to manage team and others through ambiguity to remain productive and moving forward