The Indirect Retail Account Manager manages relationships with 3rd Party vendors and ensures personnel at 3rd Party locations promote Cox Products and services. Utilizes strong interpersonal communication skills to influence and enhance business relationships with National Retailer and Local Dealer Store Management. Indirectly influences 3rd Party Sales Agents to exceed sales and business goals through product knowledge, training, contests, etc. Responsible for overseeing a team of 3rd Party Specialists that influence vendor contractors to promote, market and sell Cox Communications products and services through direct interface with third party retail partners such as Best Buy and Wal -Mart.
- Develops strategy to increase PSU production and third party retailer connection rates for assigned accounts/territory. Serves as business consultant to local dealers to translate strategy into effective operational & sales tactics. Strong consultative sales experience and ability to provide guidance to vendors on retail approaches to maximize sales of Cox products
- Oversees team of 3rd Party Specialists; responsible for selecting, developing, and retaining team that will influence vendor contractors to promote, market and sell Cox Communications products. Provides training and development to ensure team meets sales goals and quotas for as signed accounts.
- Hires or influences hiring decisions of 3rd party labor for vendors in assigned accounts.
- Manages store and sales representative adherence to contract terms, policies and procedures.
- Develops and cultivates long term relationships with Authorized Retailers and National Retailer Management in order to maximize revenue growth and drive product penetrations.
- Implement regular store visits and evaluates Specialist and/or 3rd party agent performance.
- Serves as key point of contact for Authorized Retailers, ensuring timely response and resolution to any issues/inquiries.
- Designs and implements strategies to maximize sales; including but not limited to sales events, competitions and incentives.
- Develops, leads, and implements sales and customer service strategy, enhancement and initiatives.
- Identifies, develops, and implements process improvements towards improving customer satisfaction, reducing transaction costs and time, improving sales efficiency, etc. Ensures strategies improve retail operations metrics.
- Works closely with marketing department to ensure consistency in the look and structure of sales collateral materials, packages and proposals etc.
- Develops sales incentive programs for authorized retailers and internal team that drives results.
- 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Third Party Sales, etc.). 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (MS/MBA or above).
- Excellent ability to persuade others through indirect influence.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and seize opportunities and take initiative with little or no direction.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative relationships as a key influencer in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to actively and successfully coach & train others to enhance sales performance.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate strategy into effective operational & sales tactics.
- Strong consultative sales experience and ability to provide guidance to vendors on retail approaches.
- Valid local State Driver’s License with driving record that meets Cox standards
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in a management role preferred
Requisition Number: 192002