$150K — $200K *
Your Team responsibilities.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development for MSCI products focused on the insurance market. Teams associated with the insurance client type include: insurance owned asset managers, general accounts, indexed and variable annuity, manager selection and hedging.
Each person travels within their respective sales territory to meet with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. The role entails educating, positioning and licensing MSCI’s global equity and fixed income index data to current clients as well as prospective clientele. Sales Specialists use their knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, and data distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, etc.) to identify solutions using MSCI tools. This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of account management, including senior level relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding MSCI’s index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, closing sales, and product setup and delivery. Education of the enhancements and evolution of how our indexes are used by the investment community is ongoing. In this role, individuals will work closely with Product Management, Global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Global Sales Colleagues, Legal Counsel and Finance Operations.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect …
Your key responsibilities
• High level management contact
• Strategic planning with an account
• New product placement
• Identification of opportunities across other business segments
• Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
• Achieve targeted revenue goals
• Inform all clients about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc.
• Work with other departments to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
• Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc
• Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
• Provide feedback from clients to Product Management, Marketing, Sales Colleagues and Research
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
• MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA charter holder required, or equivalent experience.
• Deep background in fixed income and/or insurance ecosystem
• 10+ years of experience in the financial service industry
• 5+ years direct sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment
• Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail-oriented projects
• Strong sales closing skills
• Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
• A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
• Thorough understanding of the investment management process
• Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
How we’ll support you
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 2/16/2021
$200K — $250K
56 days ago