The associate financial advisor will work directly with their own clients to help them achieve their financial goals. The employing franchise owner will lead you as you migrate your current book into the Ameriprise system and help hone your skills as you continue to build the book of clients which you service. Transition Bonus available at certain asset & GDC levels, no specific product sales requirements or targets except profitability.
This partnership opportunity will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics, legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing marketing and work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed, all as they pertain to YOUR clients you bring or attain while here. Your book is yours to take anytime or we will purchase it from you upon exit. You own your future.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation are at your will as an independent associate advisor, minimum expectations will be created and tracked jointly.
Key Traits of a Successful Candidate:
- Ability to meet with clients and present planning strategies
- Ability to source prospective clients
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Initiative in business development
- Entrepreneurial perspective and desire to grow the business
- Ability to recommend suitable investment products and services
- Success at planning and managing resources (time, people, budget) to run optimal practice
- Computer competency, including MS Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize a diverse workload and multi-tasking, and taking initiative in daily responsibilities.
- Efficient time management
- Acute attention to details and organization
- Strong work ethic, team player, and high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial.
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the practice.
- Current client database a plus
≥50% Marketing and Client Acquisition
- Develop and implement annual marketing plan to meet client acquisition goals
- Contact prospects to set up meetings or appointments
- Coordinate seminars and client appreciation events, alone or with the team
- Leverage natural market to drive new client acquisition
- Learn and implement client referral program
- Use network marketing with Center of Influence to drive client acquisition
- Implement key marketing activities including:
- Advisor website
- Social media
- Online client experience
- Client and prospect contact & Deepening
- Referrals and Networking through existing and new venues
- Seminars and Events
- Local advertising and media relations
- Utilize Sales Force CRM as well as MS Office Suite
~25% Financial Planning and Advice
- Identify clients to engage or re-engage in planning relationships
- Prepare for client meetings focused on planning discussions
- Gather and enter client data into Financial Planning Tool Suite
- Create planning deliverables
- Perform case analysis and develop recommendations
- Conduct and/or participate in client meetings to present recommendations/deliver advice
- Track/hold clients accountable to agreed upon actions
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Utilize Money Guide Pro or Naviplan for foundational or comprehensive analysis and advice.
~25% Provide Product Solutions
- Assess the client’s risk tolerance
- Assess the client’s goals and time frame
- Recommend portfolio/robust product solution that will fit the client’s risk tolerance, goals and time frame
- Run illustrations and hypotheticals
- Develop appropriate product deliverables
- Persuade clients to act upon suitable advice/recommendations
- Execute appropriate trades to align with proposed portfolio
- Monitor economy, markets, and world events to determine any required strategic rebalancing
- Manage wholesaler relationships
- Conduct transactions on behalf of clients
- 5+ years of financial advising experience
- Your own book of business that you can be moved
- Series 7, Series 66, and NYS State life, accident and health insurance licenses
- Clean record on FINRA Broker Check