The Google Play team has a position available on our growing Content Operations Team. As an Incubation Operations Program Manager, you will oversee and drive various projects to improve and scale our operations and work closely with our Product/Eng team on all upcoming product and feature launches. You must demonstrate leadership to coordinate and drive cross-functional teams to ensure smooth launches and establish supportprocesses and coverage.
As an Incubation Operations Program Manager, you will spearhead efforts to test and operationalize nascent workflows to unlock efficiency, and support product growth. You will bring a keen sense of detail with ability to foresee launch blockers, and challenges in scaling workflows that drive our business forward. This is a fast-paced, strategic-thinking, and impact-seeking team, and you will be the pillar providing support, guidance and decision-making to internal and external customers, such as product managers, operations managers, vendor managers and top tier managed developer partners. You will leverage your strong analytical, policy knowledge, leadership, communication, project management and organizational skills in this role.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for your devices, powered by the cloud. It’s a Google approach to entertainment, syncing magically across your devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping the product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team helps strengthen the overall Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Identify, evaluate, plan, coordinate and execute on various projects such as new product introduction (NPI), and other efforts to improve scale and efficiency
- Oversee and manage incubation issues and work closely with PMs, Eng and other cross-functional teams to drive issue resolution
- Create and deliver presentations to senior leaders, and support organizational strategy and decision-making
- Manage and ensure smooth day-to-day operations of business critical workflows, developing specifications/guidelines and resolving escalations in a 24x7 operational environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, statistics or related technical/quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including 4 years industry experience (or equivalent) related to consulting, program management, or large-scale operations background.
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships with diverse technical and non-technical groups, across all organizational levels
- Proven ability to invent and simplify operational processes
- Strong project management skills to drive projects end-to-end
- Tends toward action under ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills