Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers’ industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we’re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We thought you might be, and we’re so glad!
We are searching for an experienced and innovative Manager – Income Tax Compliance who is strategically focused on driving business results with an aggressive desire for excellence. This individual embodies a can-do and collaborative spirit. It takes the identification of a fundamental problem, vision to see possible solutions and diverse talent to breathe innovative genius.
How you will impact Ingevity
- Manage and lead all U.S. federal, state and local corporate and partnershiptax returns compliance- including coordinating and reviewing work of outside tax consultants and data gathered from finance department.
- Manage local finance managers and external consultants in the area of global tax compliance, including international tax compliance in approximately 15 jurisdictions.
- Manage and optimize the computation of the Section 199 domestic manufacturing deduction, research & development credit, LIFO inventory reserve, 263A uniform capitalization and tax depreciation of fixed assets with assistance from external consultants.
- Drive tax research and prepare memos on a variety of federal, state and international issues related to corporations and partnerships.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to minimize federal and state tax expense.
- Manage preparation of annual U.S. federal, state and local extensions and quarterly estimates on a timely basis.
- Manage federal, state and local tax examinations.
- Review, respond to and resolve various federal and state tax notices.
What you need to succeed
- 5-8years working experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department.
- BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Master of Taxation or other advance accounting/taxdegreepreferred.
- CPA certification desirable.
- Strong experience in federal and multi-state income tax compliance.
- Self-starter with strong accounting, analytical, creative problem-solving and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organization.
- Must be well-organized, hands on and detail oriented.
- Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with ERP systems (e.g., SAP), tax preparation systems (e.g., OneSource, CorpTax, GoSystems), and tax research sites (e.g., RIA Checkpoint, BNA) desirable.
Job ID 2017-1553