COUNTRY Financial is seeking an Income Tax Consultant to join the Income Tax Compliance team. This role will focus on ensuring compliance with all aspects of income taxreporting and filings, including SSAP 101, the Internal Revenue Code, and state/local income tax laws and regulations. The Consultant will initially be dedicated to a small group of companies, which will rotate over time to provide exposure to all of the companies within the organization. In the future, this position could grow into a larger role to include tax planning and research, where the Consultant would have an active role in setting the tax strategy and direction for the organization as a whole, in order to achieve company objectives and identify solutions to critical issues and broad design matters, working directly with the Controller, CFO, and other leaders throughout the organization.
*This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Prepares federal and state income tax returns according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations by requireddeadlines.
- Calculates taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations by requireddeadlines.
- Remits payment of federal and state income tax to taxing bodies by the prescribed due dates.
- Compiles monthly and quarterly tax provisions for management reporting and financial statement preparation, including applicable footnote disclosures and account reconciliations.
- Prepares necessary schedules and provides requested information in conjunction with annual financial statement audit and auditreport preparation.
- Analyzes current processes and implements improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the training and development of entry-level and senior taxaccountants.
- Coordinates and reviews work of other taxaccountants as assigned.
- Recommends and implements changes necessary to comply with statutory and tax requirements. Stays abreast of changes in tax accounting trends, techniques, and procedures.
- Researches and recommends proper handling of non-routine tax issues.
- Corresponds and negotiates with governmental tax agencies at a tactical level.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- College degree with major in accounting, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Experience in life/health and/or property/casualty insurance taxation to ensure the proper filing of returns.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Statutory accounting principles and theories.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of federal and state tax laws and regulations.
- Detail-oriented with ability to identify problem areas and recommend corrective actions.
- Able to perform research with a high level of analytical skill and communicate the results.
- Demonstrates the ability to train, coordinate, and review various level employees’ work assignments.
- CPA designation and/or advanced degree.
- 10+ years of experience in life/health, property/casualty, and/or general corporate taxation.
- Possesses extensive tax knowledge to identify complex tax issues, research solutions, and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Able to lead meetings and make presentations.
- Able to work independently to guarantee the accurate and timely completion of department tasks.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.