Job Description Summary:
The US Cyber Defense Manager will oversee our North America Cyber Defense Center. This well-rounded leader player will oversee a team of highly skilled cyber security professionals and will serve as an escalation point for the local US team. A successful candidate will have a proven track record in maturing Security Operation Centers in highly complex environments at scale.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
- Develop, guide, and oversee our high-performing cybersecurity staff
- Serve as an escalation point and as a subject matter resource (SMR) in security monitoring, incident response, and incident management
- Manage security operations projects, including process improvement and technology investment
- Pursue automated security flows with SecOps’ dedicated threat engineering team
- 7-10 years of experience in security operations, detection, incident response, and threat intelligence
- Prior experience as a SOC manager, supporting globally distributed organizations, including demonstrated experience overseeing technical response teams while prioritizing time-sensitive tasks
- 5+ years of experience in recruiting and developing top talent
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to cybersecurity analysts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior financial services experience – Preferred