The Incident/Problem Manager’s primary responsibility is identifying and classifying emerging incidents and ensuring their prompt resolution. They are responsible for addressing and solving service failures as quickly and effectively as possible while providing prompt, clear incident communication to internal personnel (C-level, business leads, technical). These managers work with the teams directly associated with the service issue (as well as other relevant personnel) and push process from all business units to ascertain appropriate resolution by prioritizing tasks and problems. Once the issue has been resolved, the Incident Manager works with the team to identify and pursue potential measures to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future. In addition to responding to these situations, Incident Managers work proactively to improve the incident management process and ensure that proper reporting of all incidents is compiled and submitted for review.
- Manage the major incident process to drive restore services quickly to customers while minimizing the impact.
- Liaise with team managers of all technical experts (or support teams) to ensure swift resolution of incidents.
- Provide required notifications and updates on all appropriate incidents to varying levels of Ceridian staff
- Capture all incident and problem details and update all necessary documents
- Work closely with Change Management leader on major incidents and correlate them to requested changes
- Improve and advance the overall maturity of the incident response process, its governance, and efficiencies
- Ensure that incident and problem management KPIs are reported and their targets met
- Analyze incident trends and recommend corrective actions as necessary
- Initiate and participate in post mortem meetings as the Problem Manager to drive technical teams to define root cause and resolve post-incident action items
- Conduct post-incident analysis and ensure accurate root cause of incidents is published, appropriate preventive actions are identified and tracked, and ensure elimination of future service interruptions is minimized.
- Ensure that the detection, reporting, initial problem support and prioritization of all incidents are effectively and consistently applied
- Make recommendations for service process improvement
- May participate as subject matter expert or lead multiple moderately complex initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience as an Incident/Problem Manager preferred
- Experience managing and controlling IT incidents throughout a group, organization, or division
- Experienceworking with ITIL principles
- Experience coordinating issues between all business units from technical support to corporate executives
- Experience executing full array of incident and problem management processes preferred
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!