Less than 5 years experience •
The Incident Manager/Shift Lead is responsible for the day to day operations of the CIT Technology Operations Center(TOC) and will manage a staff of 10 or more operators. CSRA provides monitoring services for for NIH.
- Working under very limited supervision, the Incident Manager/Shift Lead is responsible for supervising the TOC operators to ensure appropriate and timely actions are taken to resolve incidents.
- Ensure that critical incidents are managed effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of normal service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to customers.
- Coordinate resources and activities during outages and customer affecting events through restoration of service.
Explain complex situations to technical and non-technical audiences.
Experience communicating and reporting to Senior Leadership
- Determine and mobilize the types of resources and levels of competencies needed for initial triage
- Utilize problem identification techniques to identify cause of failure
- Train new hires and assists in developing materials and curriculum. The Incident Manager/Shift Lead will also serve as a mentor/role model to the TOC Team.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of three years experience working in a 24x7 NOC/IT Operations environment
- Technology related undergraduate degree, such as MIS, CIS , Computer Science
- Hands on experience with ITIL/ITSM processes
- Knowledge and understanding of network equipment, servers and applications
- Experience with network/application monitoring systems (i.e. EM7, Sitescope, XMatters, Monolith, HP Open View, Service Now)
- Experience with technical writing and document management/control practices.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as an incident manager
- Strong problem solving experience across various IT disciplines (i.e. Network, Email, Desktop, Video, Hosting, Cloud)
- Strong technical aptitude including excellent trouble shooting skills
- Experience communicating and reporting to Senior Leadership
Attributes for Success:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills to identify trending issue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills under time pressure with constraints
- Personal commitment to the success of processes by delivering desired results