Inbuilding Wireless / Das Lead Tech
Tilson is seeking a Inbuilding Wireless/DAS Lead Technician to be the onsite lead of DAS construction and commissioning projects in support of our growing DAS construction division. This job will reside in our Bow, NH office and will require regional travel throughout New England and Upstate NY. Responsibilities:
- Daily onsite management of projects including documentation of job safety analysis (JSA), Sweep and PIM test results, and as-built drawings.
- Inbuilding DAS and Small Cell installation, commissioning and optimization.
- Lead installation, termination, and test of ½” coax, fiber optic cable, Cat6a cable, couplers, splitters. and antennas.
- Preform and document Sweep, PIM, OTDR, signal level and noise measurements.
- Install DAS headend and remote equipment, E-nodeBs, RRH, and DC power plants.
- Assist wireless carriers in optimization of DAS. Utilizing test phones, and RFscanners.
- Preform DAS maintenance, to include fault analysis, interference mitigation, and link balancing.
- Leading and mentoring less experienced technicians.
- Communicates schedule and coordinates access with customer contacts.
- Reports construction progress, issues and concern to Construction Manager.
- 5 years of experience in DAS.
- Knowledge of RF theory, signal flow, noise, and power.
- Ability to read Visio, CAD and IBwave drawings.
- Proficient in use of RF and optical test equipment i.e. spectrum analyzer, base station analyzer, and OTDR.
- Knowledge of wireless operator’s technologies, standards, frequencies and KPIs.
- DAS commissioning certification in at least one of the following DAS OEMs. Corning Mobile Access, Andrew Commscope, Teko, or Solid.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time hourly position with frequent travel to client markets throughout the northeast. Evening and weekend hours may be required from time to time in order to meet client needs. Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building and transforming the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to be creative, innovate, and deliver. Our vision is for Tilson to be a world leader in developing information and communications technology projects by building a team of phenomenal people working together on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients serving the public good. Our team environment will be a place where intellectually curious, motivated, and talented people can work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We will strive to listen to our clients, integrate with them as a team, and internalize their goals. We run our business sustainably, for its financial health, people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.