Reporting to the General Operations Manager and serving as the number two leadership role within the DC, responsible for the inbound and/or outbound warehouse department associates. Accountable for the daily operations assuring efficient product flow, monitoring daily performance of associates and quality improvement. Responsible for following and making associates aware of company policies and procedures. Manages the distribution of inbound or outbound products to assure maximum efficiency, quality, and service at the least possible cost. Direct planning to assure optimum performance related to cost efficiency. Responsible for managing, training, and helps manage employee relations programs and issues, where appropriate.
- Manages the workforce and workflow within the departments directly or through supervisors to needed inbound and/or outbound job functions within the departments to balance staffing and reduce overtime. Works directly with associates to establish and foster a strong working relationship to support and enhance work performance. Ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all inbound or outbound functions. Inbound - Ensure proper acceptance of product in accord and relevant to regulations and Company policy; OS&Ds, HazMat, Trailer Security, etc. Outbound - Ensure timeliness, safety and accruacy of outbound shipments.
- As an RDC leadership member, manages inbound or outbound flow of product through the RDC in the following functions: Inbound: Direct reports, receiving, put-away, hand stocking, packing slip receiving, and other duties as assigned. Outbound: Direct reports, order-filling, replenishments, shipping and other duties as assigned.
- In conjunction with the General Operations Manager, responsible for the development and coaching of Warehouse Supervisors. Conducts associate performance reviews and gainsharing results. Conduct employee training and development, monitor job and safety requirements. Perform Job Element Analysis in order to improve job performance, on going process.
- Outbound - Works directly with members-vendors-customers to establish and foster a strong relationship related to warehousing and or, delivery functions.
- Inbound - Maximize "System Directed Put-away" system to ensure freight is reserved in the best possible warehouse location. Liaison with supply chain (Use Inbound visibility tools to expedite freight to the RDC)
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all warehouse product receipts and delivery. Makes sure the facility is a safe work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 to 7 years of experience as a leader in the logistics industry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in the logistics industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Proven leader of people in a similar environment.
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- PC skills including proficiency in use of MS Word & Excel.
- Strong knowledge of WMS/RF.