The core focus of the Technical Center Improvement Engineer is to drive optimization of current processes, lead new process technology implementation, and lead small capital project development for the facility. The Improvement Engineer will work closely with the Operations to identify improvement opportunities, evaluate priorities for focused improvements, and provide projects for management of 5-year plan. This individual will be the site champion for implementation and management of PSM
This role will be responsible for providing support on the in the following three areas:
- Asset Utilization and Continuous Improvement
- New Technology and Capital Project Development
- Process Safety Management Champion
Asset Utilization and Continuous Improvement:
- Support plant Operations through supplemental review of performance data to identify develop long term improvement plans to further optimize various processes
- Develop necessary trial plans to test optimization ideas, lead testing with the plant, analyze data, and create report of findings
- Successfully execute Continuous Improvement projects, annually
- Support in implementation and methods to streamline collection of process data monitoring (for example- new program deployment/training, migrating data to a single source of reference, etc)
- Lead and/or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to identify and prioritize areas of improvement for the plant
- Conduct and/or participate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and complete all necessary Management of Change (MOC) requirements for implementation of process or system changes.
New Technology and Capital Project Development:
- Leverage process knowledge and data to research and provide recommendations for process technology advancements
- Develops and executes test protocols to determine the viability of a new technology, when needed
- Manage engineering contractors to develop project scope, schedule, estimate, requests for proposals (RFP), drawings and other project documents.
- Develop necessary FEL and/or other CDP documentation for process technologies that will require capital funding for implementation
- Implement approved projects in coordination with the plant personnel
- Ensure all steps of MOC process are completed for new project implementation, including HAZOP, PHA and lessons learned meetings
- Support the Global Improvement Leader in developing the 5-year capital plan for the facility based on recommended improvement
Process Safety Management Champion:
- Serves as the facility champion for the MOC process, ensuring the process is implemented, followed and completed for all identified changes
- Support as the local site lead to ensure compliance with changes and improvements to PSM related policies and procedures
- Drive implementation of the FMC process safety standard and ensure continued compliance
- Support the Responsible Care and Sustainability initiatives
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 - 5years experience in a chemical environment with process experience.
- Experienced professional with knowledge of the technical field and working knowledge of business processes, technologies and applications.
- A demonstrated history of bringing a major project in safely, on time and on budget
- Effective team building skills with an effective operating style
- General understanding of economic factors affecting the business.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Strategic agility with foresight and the ability to create alternate plans
- Effective team building skills with an operating style that fosters high expectations, open dialogue, creates a strong sense of team, inspires and motivates
- Action Oriented
- Problem solving
- Conflict management
- Strong safety orientation in OSHA and PSM
- Being data based and results driven with strong action orientation
- Leansix sigma certification a plus
- The ability to effectively present at both informal and formal training settings