$80K — $100K *
DSV is seeking a qualified Import Supervisor, Air and Ocean to join our staff as a full-time employee. The Import Supervisor, Air and Ocean holds overall responsibility for all aspects of air & ocean import shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordination of all aspects of the arrival of freight (including, but not limited to, rate quotation, billing, approval of vendor invoices, etc.).
• Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
• Promote positive relationships by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties while monitoring the quality of service produced by the team.
• Provide guidance, training and develop detailed profiles and procedures for the import staff in regards to customer service, order processing and managing the workflow.
• Manage the implementation of new customers.
• Arrange freight pick-ups and deliveries on a daily basis.
• Responsible for rating shipments accurately per the SOP.
• Mandatory daily correspondence with overseas offices, utilizing the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of five years freight forwarding experience.
• Utilize excellent math skills in order to provide timely estimates to customers, along with the knowledge of formulas to convert currency and dimensions.
• Above average written communication skills to compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports along with the ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
• Strong attention to detail, profit-consciousness and the ability to perform analytical analyses in order to identify and solve problems thoroughly and accurately.
• Past experience in management of staff and customer service a plus, as work entails extensive contact with staff, clients, carriers and other parties concerning import processes.
• The ability to use Company-standard software (CargoWise One), word processing (Word) and spreadsheets (Excel) etc. in order to generate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
Valid through: 4/20/2021