Avaya is a recognized innovator leading business communications for the digital age. Avaya delivers smart global solutions and technologies for customer and team engagement, unified communications and collaboration, contact center and customer experience management. We provide related services to large enterprises, midmarket companies, small businesses, and government organizations around the world.
Sr. Trade Compliance Manager, Americas International
The candidate will provide consultative support; evaluate import/export requirements; conduct periodic assessments of import and export processes and systems; assist with the development of compliance guidelines and participate in the roll-out and training on compliance improvement measures.
- Support global and regional compliance requirements in maintaining continuity with corporate trade compliance direction. Coordinate with Trade Compliance personnel on other governmental agency matters such as customs, country of origin, markings, denied party screening, embargoed countries, anti-boycott compliance, in-country transfer authorizations, and practices related to Foreign Trade Agreements as well as specific in country import/export requirements
- Serve as subject matter expert and work with business units to ensure import and export activities are effectively managed to meet all Latin American countries and other foreign government import and export rules and regulations
- Act as internal consultant with all regional sites, business units, internal and external customers for import and export compliance issues
- Proactively identify areas of compliance risk, and present risk assessment and improvement plan
- Act as primary interface and maintain a close working relationship with local Customs and regulatory agencies for any potential regulatory issues, ensure timely and accurate filing of entries and declarations according to the local rules and regulations.
- Reviews and reports on the state of the company's compliance effectiveness, report areas of risk to senior team, recommend solutions, and obtains guidance and/or decision support for required improvements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special programs (i.e., FTAs, GSPs, Tariff Quotas, Tariff Suspensions, otherVAT or Duty avoidance opportunities) geared primarily for the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile and Peru
- Knowledge of the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) requirements and US Customs and Border Protection (USCBP)
- Familiarity with Americas, EU and Asian trade regimes and disclosure practices
- Responsible for customs import compliance queries and matters specific to the Americas
- Manage and execute yearly US Customs Reconciliation program
- Liaison with US Department of Commerce, NSA, Treasury, OFAC and Customs and Border Protection (Port specific)
- Audit of AI import entries performed by brokers
- Prepare and submit US Customs Rulings as necessary
- Issue and maintain Broker Guidelines for the Americas International countries
- Provide advice and guidance as requested to non-GTC members regarding export and import regulations in the Americas
- Trade Compliance review and input for all NonInventoryshipments within the Region
- Bachelor´s degree in International Trade or Business Administration
- Minimum 7 years import/export experience in US, Mexico, Brazil, and/or other Latin American countries
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to follow processes and operational policies.
- Solid project management and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of import & export best practices
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Structured planning skills
LOCATION - Virginia, North Carolina or New Jersey
7 - 10 Years of Experience
Bachelordegree or equivalent experience
Job ID 12881