Our client is an established global logistics services company providing a wide range of services in transportation, freight, import/export, and more. They have a strong professional reputation in the industry due to their commitment to excellence in service. They are hiring an Import/Export Assistant Manager to support daily operations, vendor management, and pricing.
The Import/Export Assistant Manager manages key operational tasks for the flow of inbound and outbound shipments across the globe. This person plays a critical role in supporting a global logistics network that serves a wide range of industries.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commissions and performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical/dental, 401(K) match, PTO, and more.
- Sales program backed by excellent product portfolio and solutions that are consistently rated as the most effective in the industry.
- Highly successful sales and business development team with strong international strategy.
- Many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
- Top commercial clients in the international import/export and logistics industry.
- Company with a 20-year history of innovative solutions and top-quality service.
- Support daily operations finish within international import and export, freight forwarding, customs brokerage, trucking, and global logistics.
- Handle day-to-day import traffic for international freight and global logistics customers.
- Quote and issue pricing for FCL, LEL, and sir shipments. Negotiate rates with overseas agents.
- Assist with air and ocean VIP shipments.
- Manage shipment and customer information in CargoWise.
- Work paperless files.
- Develop customer and vendor relationships.
- Respond to inquiries related to import and export traffic.
- 4+ years of operations support for a freight forwarding firm. Strong knowledge of global logistics, import, export, and air/ocean freight.
- Knowledge of import and export regulations, including TSA compliance.
- Proficiency with CargoWise software.
- Strong deadline sensitivity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications or licenses are a plus.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.