Description: Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and well-being of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, women’s health, and virology. The Implementation Specialist reports directly to the Manager, Training & Clinical Applications and is responsible for developing, delivering, and expanding training opportunities among key end users to ensure clinical acumen is achieved and that Quidel Eye Health product re-order occur on a regular basis. Train, and re-trains as necessary, practitioners and their staff in proper sample collection and test administration, giving perspective to field activities associated with growing all product lines. The Implementation Specialist also assists in developing and delivering strategic educational presentations to support current sales efforts and to influence healthcare practitioners. Works with all members of the domestic sales forces to aid in building programs for connecting with the medical community, coordinating with marketing personnel as appropriate. Under the direction and guidance of the Director information into the Company’s CRM in a timely manner, as well as engages in specific responsibilities assigned by the Director to support/partner with Quidel Eye Health stakeholders. This is a field based position based our of Dallas, TX. Travel requirements are 70% on average. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Along with Director, prioritizes target customers for training and develops schedule to conduct training within established deadlines.
- Achieve or exceed training/shadowing activities and metrics for assigned accounts/territory.
- Partner with the Area Business Manager to establish working relationship with account stakeholders and decision makers within assigned accounts with the objective of driving adoption of testing with Quidel Eye Health current and future products.
- Perform routine shadowing in strategic accounts in order to expand testing utilization for various patient types.
- Carry out training strategy for assigned accounts to include their utilization of Quidel Eye Health’s portfolio of products and new product offerings with additional emphasis on a clinical and economic, reimbursement driven model.
- Implement instructor-led training content as well as story boards for electronic learning modules (WBT, CBT e-learning)
- Conduct training in a variety of formats to meet the needs of the end-user organization (train-the-trainer, classroom, coaching, shadowing, and patient identification.)
- Participation and attendance at important regional account functions including conventions, regional sales meetings that are relevant to all Quidel’s Eye Health Business.
- With Director establish measurement tools to evaluate training and program achievements and success, as well as determine impact to revenue generation resulting from increased reorders and new sales.
- Proactively serve as the focal point/liaison for assigned strategic customer issues related to product training with appropriate personnel within assigned accounts.
- Manage expense budget within corporate guidelines
- Initiate regular, consistent status update communications with supervisor and Area Business Manager
- Proactively communicate feedback on current market conditions – providing continuous feedback on market events, market trends or changes that affect Eye Health business.
Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; Registered Nurse with Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree desirable
- COA, COT, COMT designation
- 5+ years of experience in Ophthalmology market, sales force and/or customer training in the medical device arena required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a clinical Ophthalmology setting with knowledge of office workflow/workups/industry technologies as well as the MD/OD relationship
- Knowledge of Ocular Surface Disease
- Demonstrated track record closing sales/accounts/upselling procedures
- Knowledge of the selling process versus the detailing process
- Proven ability to develop and deliver engaging and effective training curriculum to provide essential knowledge and enhance user adoption
- Proficient in MS Office and in producing CBT presentations
- Ability to understand complex technical or scientific information and effectively communicate it to other audience as needed.
- Ability to develop, produce and deliver training presentations to clinical (including physicians) and non-clinical personnel
- Ability to work at all levels of customer organizations
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify new, build, expand and leverage existing relationships
- Ability to identify purchase decision-makers to solidify the sale and continuous product range
- Ability to effectively respond to and bring to satisfactory resolution customer in a timely manner inquiries and concerns.