National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld's Best Places to Work survey for fifteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our Team.
In the position, you will be responsible for performing software implementations for Member/Customers and managing implementation projects. You will provide application support to customers and validate the accuracy of their converted data. Utilizing your customer service and critical thinking skills, you will train personnel on all aspects of the application and answer questions on the functions / usage of the Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) product via telephone, e-mail, remote, or on-site.
For more information on Utility CC&B, click here.
- Provides superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Communicate with all parties involved in the enterprise implementation
- Designs and delivers training to the Member employees to prepare for "live" week.
- Assists customers in all aspects of implementation including troubleshooting, training, and on-going support.
- Facilitate and follow up with Member/Customers on difficult requests and procedures.
- Conveys customer feedback to product development staff as appropriate.
- Performs research of difficult application problems, resolves issues for Member/Customers and recommends changes or enhancements as directed.
- Conduct conversion analysis.
- Determine expectations and timelines of the Member's conversion process.
- Identify gaps in features and functionality in software and oversee resolution.
- Identify changes required for conversion of data.
- Reconcile converted totals and month-end balancing.
- Compiles and analyzes business requirements and evaluates Member/Customers' operational processes
- Designs and implements system set-up configurations for Member/Customers performing independently and proficiently.
- Gather, maintains and audits Member information in the configuration database.
- Prepare and monitor the Software Implementations Lifecycle (SILC) and oversee the standardization of artifacts
- Utilizes all implementation best practices and artifacts for all implementation projects.
- Complete and prepare conversion documents.
- Prepares Change Requests (CRs) and follow-up to resolution.
- Utilizes all support tools, as directed.
- Perform on-site training or deliver remote application training to Member/Customers via Web Tools.
- Provides after hours support.
- May prepare materials and deliver National IT Learning Center classes.
- May prepare materials and deliver Member information Conference (MIC) sessions.
- May be called upon to assist in other implementation areas.
- May be called upon to participate on design teams or in testing of new product development or enhancements.
- Will be required to travel to customer sites as often as necessary to meet the business objectives.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Effectively lead, influence and teach others daily.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills.
- Proficiently organize and prioritize all business responsibilities.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
- Generally, requires 3-5 years of product usage or implementation experience.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic knowledge of the Utility industry a plus.
- Roughly 40% travel required
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience preferred
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.