Summary: Coordinates information technology deployments in the data center to include server deployments. Tasks various teams (networking, installations, storage, hosting) to deploy and test new capacity in the data center. Resolves implementation issues to remain on schedule for deployments. Validates the receipt of IT equipment and materials for deployments.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Tasks SMEs via remedy for patching, rack/stack, storage allocations, and network support.
- Engages with the UCS Business Unit (BU) on HW and SW enhancements that could impact UCS deployments in the DC
- Coordinates deployment adjustments with project managers
- Works with Adv Services to ensure UCS deployment remain on schedule
- Participates in roadmap meetings and ensure requirements are fulfilled
- Support infrastructure testing of data center equipment
- Reviews data center infrastructure (cabs, power strips, structured cable, etc.) to ensure impending UCS/network deployment remain on schedule
- SME for DC network HW deployments
- Engages with SMEs to revise delivery schedules
- Develops new processes and documents existing processes to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Serves as implementation subject matter expert on data center deployments
- Provides implementation scheduledates to various teams
- Trains team members on processes
- Communicates priorities and status of projects to management, SMEs, and customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills:Oral Communication SkillsWritten Communication SkillsDatabase ExpertiseTechnical CommunicationCustomer ServiceProfessionalismRemedy/Visio
Education/Experience:Associate or Bachelor’s Degree. With at least 5 years’ experience in the field or a related area. Prior data center experience highly desired. CCNA, A+, Network+ a plus.