NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Implementation Leader
LOCATION: New York, NY
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Project Leader (III) is responsible for the successful implementation of NCR Point of Sale solutions for small to medium sized customers, including hardware and software implementations, while ensuring customer satisfaction and quality.
- This position is a front line representative responsible for understanding and fulfilling customer needs immediately after new systems/solutions are sold.
- This position typically reports to the Implementation Manager or Operations Manager.
- The Incumbent is able to independently implement a new solution from post-sale to post go-live on very complex projects. Complexity is defined by project scope (number of modules, uniqueness of site, site count for a single project), and level of risk. An example of a very complex project is implementation of a single customer site with Aloha's core POS product plus 3 or more additional modules (examples include: Kitchen, Mobile, TakeOut, Configuration Center, Guest Manager). At this level, incumbents are expected to be proficient in managing implementation projects in both a Quick Service and Table Service environment. May be a Project Leader who is a deeply skilled specialist in a very complex module, e.g., Menulink.
- Managing the project from start to finish includes the following:
- Take the hand-off from sales - Own and Manage Customer Expectations
- Consult with the customer to determine their specific needs as it relates to implementation
- Translate those needs into a project plan and timeline
- Completely configure the Aloha system to meet the customer's needs and/or oversee the configuration work if performed by other team members
- Conduct dB review to confirm alignment with customer priorities
- Oversee the installation of the system (typically installed by Customer Engineers/Field Service technicians)
- Train end-user customers
- Provide "go live" support
- Provide post-installation support for period not to exceed two weeks after installation followed by sign-off and transparent transition to support infrastructure.
- Demonstrates advanced trouble-shooting skills; serves as a go-to person for the office; may train new team members
- Produce positive customer experience and an NCR reference account.
- Incumbents of this position are expected to be able to lead other implementation team members as needed for large projects.
- Works as a member of or may oversee a cross-functional team to ensure solution is properly configured for customer needs. This includes managing the site preparation, equipment staging, software configuration, and actual site conversion and installation of hardware and software.
- Responsible for providing and analyzing install metric data to customer and internal organizations
- Responsible for working with internal organizations to resolve issues
- Typically requires travel to customer sites to present and demonstrate the toolset; 10-40% travel in customer facing role/ project oriented assignments
- Ensures site is 100% fully functional per sales contract.
- Position is required to work across multiple functions including IT, Operations, Sales Support, Customer Support, and Sales
- Position will be required to document business processes and requirements in order to implement the most effective solution for the customer
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining a proactive approach with customers.
- Applies principles, concepts, practices and standards of professional field to projects and assignments
- Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Researches, interprets, and assesses factual information for accuracy
- Identifies inconsistencies in data or results
- Technical Certification or equivalent experience
- 3+ Years related experience
- Prior experience in restaurant industry
- Experience with MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate and present across multiple business functions
- Experience working directly with customers and end users
- Prior experience in Implementation of Aloha systems
- Ability to travel to customer sites
- Previous experience in a related technology field
- Experience with customer support, troubleshooting, analysis and/or resolution
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.