At Sunquest Information Systems Inc., we use industry knowledge and focus to develop solutions and services that meet the changing needs of our customers and the marketplace. We combine this vision with the dream to make our company a phenomenal place to work. From our smart casual dress policy to our flexible work schedules, Sunquest promotes a balance of life for all of our employees. We place emphasis on training plans for new and current staff, encourage promotion from within, and promote work on special projects and involvement with multi-functional teams. These activities foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employees to achieve their professional goals and reach their full potential.
PURPOSE (why this job exists):
Working independently and as part of a software implementation team, you deliver high-quality software implementations to hospital laboratories and clinics and reference labs. You work directly with clients through email and phone communications to understand the impacts of the software and its customizations. You are expected to stay on top of changing technology in regards to newly developed Sunquest software and supported third-party software.
Individuals in this position will thrive as a member of an intense, high-performing team. A desire and ability to take ownership of complex projects and drive them to completion is important. You will be rewarded by making a meaningful contribution to the ever-changing and growing world of anatomic pathology and medical diagnoses.
- Initialize customer installations from a technical standpoint and work with stakeholders to tailor configurations specific to a customer's needs.
- Installs and configures software solutions at customer sites (remotely), ensuring that projects are properly implemented per Sunquest best practices.
- Work with client IT departments and/or DBAs to configure servers and other software to meet our specifications.
- Work with sites to complete necessary specifications and ensure that projects stay within scope.
- Analyze and understand urgent or critical problems, escalating to peers and/or management as necessary.
- Perform testing on implementations and other solutions developed before handing over to customer.
- Organize and prioritize project tasks to ensure timely completion of projects assigned.
- Research relevant client issues and document all findings when implementing solutions.
- Maintain effective professional relationships with all clients and organize all project materials.
- Guides the client in their decision making to achieve maximum efficiency using Sunquest software solutions.
- Acts as a mentor or technical resource for Sunquest products.
- Research client technical issues and escalate to development team as appropriate.
- Manage client expectations and provide them with consistent clear updates.
- Provide clients with system explanations as appropriate.
- Document issues, prioritize, resolve and/or escalate issues during implementations.
- Adherence to Sunquest Security policy and HIPAA rules for the safe guarding of personal health information as applicable.
- Provides periodic status updates to the management team on project status, roadblocks, and solutions.
- Maintain a high level of commitment to superior customer satisfaction through the entire project.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
- The person in this role may be asked to work additional hours in order to support off hours go lives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously.
- Technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills.
- Able to self-manage time, prioritize tasks, provide estimates of time to complete tasks, and deliver tasks on time.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years' experience with relational databases and Transaction-SQL (possibly Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Data Platform)
- MSSQL: Develop and modify SQL scripts to install software at client sites and/or new functionality for clients on client's database. Experience writing Select, Insert, and Update statements and familiarity with cursors in stored procedures.
- Crystal Reports experience preferred.
- HL7 interface familiarity preferred in order to program HL7 inbound and outbound interfaces using software tools and SQL.
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Services or similar code source control software.
Knowledge of IIS
- Support of software implementation project plan, hours tracking, and project line closures per Sunquest instructions.
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and checklists.
- Travel may be required 0-10%