- Perform the technical implementation of Hillrom Care Communications products to include software, hardware, and network and implementation activities, advanced IT tasks (network design and topology, network integrations, etc.), and to provide oversight, training and direction to Field Service Technicians and 3rd party contractor implementation activities.
- Provide advanced-level troubleshooting and support for Care Communications products, to include coordination with internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, manage, and lead multiple project implementations in a healthcare environment.
- Lead network architecture, system fail-over, and other technical system design discussions with customer IT, MIS or biomed departments, installation contractors, and other trades as required.
- Execute all installations per protocols.
- Manage and perform installation of Hillrom Care Communications and their partners applications/systems. This primarily entails installing and configuring applications on servers and proprietary devices/hardware, configuring system networks, and working with the customer’s wired and wireless infrastructure to complete implementations.
- Provide oversight, training and direction to internal and external contractors as assigned during implementations to ensure installations meet Care Communications requirements.
- Work directly with complex customers by leading the technical aspect of team-based projects, managing dynamic deployments of advanced features and applications which can include customized integrations, evolving configurations, and adapting system functionality to best meet clinical workflow requests.
- Perform site surveys, RF surveys, develop system integration plans using multiple vendor products, & coordinate with customer IT or MIS departments. Review system designs to ensure accuracy and performance integrity.
- Make recommendations on tuning and/or configuration of network/wireless environments to promote optimal performance and cohabitation of wireless and Care Communications applications.
- Design and validate RTLS performance, quality, and reliability.
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment.
- Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained while considering business unit goals and fiscal responsibilities inclusive of utilization and billable guidelines.
- Complete, post, and update system network and server documentation in compliance with SOP and best practices to ensure successful and long-term support of the system.
- Act as a technical liaison with all business partners and internal Hillrom stakeholders.
- Technical lead on multiple projects which may occur simultaneously and provides any deliverables with little to no supervision. Works independently and/or leading a small team environment.
- Work with customer IT departments to assess and evaluate network security needs and develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of specified customer servers and network topology. Understands back-end network security and Active Directory functionality.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback both written and verbal to improve products and processes.
- Ensures medical testing requirements are kept current. Operates safely and within guidelines or regulations. Demonstrates a proactive approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures. Effectively develop and implement service policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense reporting, maintenance of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work.
- Other duties will be assigned, as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required or equivalent experience to include a minimum of 3-5 years of related IT and/or networking experience (wired or wireless).
- Advanced understanding of deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, SQL, IIS server and associated networked systems.
- Detailed knowledge of common network protocols/architecture (TCP/IP, IP routing, OSI model, VLAN, etc.), client/server networking environments and best practices, managed switches, VOIP, and network security.
- General knowledge of Wi-Fi wireless technologies with security protocols.
- Basic VoIP and/or PBX telephony knowledge and basic configuration experience.
- Experience in software or application architecture and/or consulting.
- Experience configuring, setting up, and debugging PC-based systems.
- Preferred Certifications in the following:
- Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCIE
- General certifications: Microsoft Industry certifications, Network+, Security +, CWNA
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- May be required to demonstrate expertise in two or more of the following areas to support business needs:
- SQL/Scripting/Reporting Engines/Analytics (SAS Crystal, etc.)
- Networking (TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Subnetting, Security)
- Enterprise level hardware (Server/Client OS, SANS, RAID)
- Middleware (Rhapsody, Mirth, etc.)
- Wireless - Enterprise level/managed networks
- Cisco routing and switching technologies and capabilities
- Experience conducting wireless site assessments, wireless network configuration, certification, and debugging (use of voice and data protocol analyzers).
- Candidates should possess strong oral, written communication skills to resolve complex network and server related issues into actionable concepts for customers to understand.
- Maintain a professional image and demonstrate a willingness to contribute at all levels.
- Strong organization skills, detail orientation and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Ability to lead small teams with diverse technical skills during implementations as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and have a valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to travel approximately 80%; however, when business necessitates, travel can be 100% and on short notice. May be required to work weekends or after hours to meet customer needs.
- Understanding of project management fundamentals and demonstrated history of executing projects.
- Possess ability to work through issues and bring projects to completion; perform complex research, analysis, and troubleshooting; and resolve critical problems over sustained time durations in a logical manner.