The Implementation Engineer is responsible for supporting, designing and implementing the enterprise-level applications which clients have purchased to effectuate efficient, powerful solutions.
This role will be on/with our EMS product within the Commercial Real Estate industry. The EMS Software solutions manage,
monitor and control every aspect of meeting rooms, classrooms, gathering spaces, and office hoteling through a single platform.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Professional Services and will be located in Accruent's Corporate Headquarters in Austin, Texas.
How you'll make a difference:
- Provides technical leadership in preparation for and during client implementation including overseeing the translation of high level business requirements into technical specifications for complex implementation requirements.
- Analyzes customer requirements to provide architecture and configuration recommendations that meet the business needs and expected outcomes in a scalable, sustainable solution
- Acts as subject matter expert for advanced technical design, installation, and integration support of EMS application to ensure successful deployment.
- Advises clients on advanced system requirements, hardware and technical configurations.
- Executes software installations and upgrades, review customer-completed installations, execute and troubleshoot server and technical software configurations.
- Serves as an integration product expert, demonstrating robust product knowledge including an advanced understanding of APIs, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Active Directory, CAS authentication, SAML authentication, application networking, & IIS within on premise or hosted environments.
- Provides guidance, training, and resource development to actively advance the technical, application, and environmental knowledge of the Professional Services team
- Accepts responsibility for the resolution of the most complicated and highest priority application and environmental issues. Creatively devise reasonable workarounds for undesirable results, if possible.
- Designs and executes data migration and data conversion strategies in support of pre-sales discovery and solution implementation.
- Support large enterprise customers as they develop customized uses for the core EMS products and services.
- Applies industry and functional best practices as applicable to each customer to insure a scalable, sustainable solution.
- Focuses on customer go-live and success in all project activities.
- Contributes to the collective wisdom of the Professional Services team by documenting solutions as needed for future reference
- Role and responsibilities supporting customer base may require travel up to 50% and working non-standard hours to accommodate customer time zones, work schedules, and execution timeframes.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's degree in technology or business or 5+ years' experience in applicable field
- 3+ years in a consulting role within a Professional Services or Client Services organization preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication. The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of various levels of technical competency (end users, database administrators, C-level information officers)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience within multi-node services, load balancing, and business continuity planning within to sustain an efficient application architecture
- Able to learn, embrace, and excel in new applications and technologies quickly and competently
- Strong SQL skills including ability to write efficient queries and scripts to identify, insert, remove, and update data within a SQL database based on a stakeholder needs or use cases
- Good working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory to support the ability to provide guidance and configuration support of multiple web applications
- Proven implementation and troubleshooting experience with common identity management solutions and authentication strategies including LDAP, ADFS, SAML, CAS, and OpenID
- 1-3 years' experience with Hosted/Cloud based solutions to comfortably navigate and support on premise, hosted, and hybrid application infrastructures
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL and .NET applications to support installation, configuration, and navigation within database server environments
- The ability to analyze customer requirements to provide architecture and configuration recommendations that meet the business needs and expected outcomes in a scalable, sustainable solution
- EMS Software or meeting management software experience a plus
- Experience and proven deliverables associated with version control and management of iterative deliverables