What you will be doing:
- Develop, lead and manage all activities related to the successful conversion of FIS products to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Works with other members of Implementations/Conversions management team to establish division business strategies that align with corporate goals and objectives; effectively communicates strategies translating them into actionable items.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Performs resource planning and allocation; supports direct reports in meeting conversion timelines and requirements.
- Manages a staff of multi-functional and technical professionals:
- Performance management: establishes clear performance goals that align with team, division, and corporate goals; communicates strengths/development needs; mentors and coaches team members; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development; recognizes, rewards, and communicates individual accomplishments and contributions.
- Staffing: approves hiring recommendations; holds direct reports accountable for staff continuity; maintains varying and complimentary levels of skills, knowledge, and abilities across multiple teams.
- Employee relations: fosters and promotes cooperation and information sharing among team members; proactively addresses performance issues through appropriate Human Resources tools.
- Uses knowledge of FIS’s conversion management principles and methodologies to identify, develop, and implement new processes, improve existing processes, and/or eliminate ineffective processes; holds teams accountable for compliance.
- Uses financial and qualitative information and tools to effectively establish and manage budget and revenue goals.
- Understands technical and functional concepts of FIS products including the interrelationships between products and technologies that support products.
- Interacts directly with clients at a senior/executive management level, managing problem escalation and providing sales support.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and technology standards.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems or computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What you Bring:
- Requires strong management skills
- Requires strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
- Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Skill in productivity, planning and workload management
- Ability to design, document and implement process improvements
- Strategic planning, organizational and time management skills including strong people management and project management experience involving the ability to manage multiple projects of various size, scope, and complexity simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills including the ability to build and maintain meaningful, trusting and strategic internal/external client relationships across the organization.
- Demonstrate prior success with recommending and implementing process improvements and best practices to senior leadership.
- Advanced research, decision making and problem resolution skills including root cause analysis and resolving the most complex issues.
- Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills including tailoring messages strategically to technical and non-technical client, staff, management, leadership, and executive audiences.
Senior director level role – directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through multiple departments, business lines and divisions. Provides strategic leadership for highly technical teams. Maintains oversight and control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and accountable for financial contribution and the attainment of current and long-range objectives for the line(s) of business. Generally manages large client programs, e.g., a team of 150 or more and a typical budget exceeding $15 million of high risk, high complexity, high client and/or FIS visibility. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires expert knowledge of the business and/or industry. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Erroneous decisions would result in critical schedule delays – jeopardizing overall business activities. Ensures all budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements and customer service-level agreements. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions require special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. Typically requires a minimum of fifteen or more years of experience and up to ten plus years of experience in a leadership role. Corporate Compensation must review and approve any incumbent(s) being placed in this role.