This highly visible and impactful role will work in tandem with an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) and Channel Partners to successfully develop and service all customers or prospects within their respective geography/territory.
- Prospect and qualify existing and/or potential customers, within assigned territory
- Identify and close deals with corporate customers through direct telephone selling
- Works in tandem with the Inside Sales Organization and Systems Engineers to inform the customer/prospect and demonstrate Imperva’s capabilities
- Drive opportunities at the strategic and tactical level
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with client decision-makers including maintaining a sales strategy based on customer’s requirements. Directs customer service improvement activities
- Keeps informed on new products, services, and other general information of interest to customers, through successful completion of Imperva Sales Training and self-study
- Stays informed of customer business opportunities, current conditions, future prospects, active measurements, and competitive issues. Regularly briefs Imperva management on status, prospects, and current needs of top customers
- Responsible for securing new business, additional orders, and maintenance renewal orders for all license and professional services revenue
- Keeps records and generates reports on all phases of activities, including Account Plans and forecasts
- Participates in varied sales activities requiring perseverance, preparation, ingenuity, and responsibility
- Display strong time management skills
- Understand and manage all phases of the sales cycle; ability to handle technical/product inquiries without an SE when needed
- Accurately forecasts all territory business utilizing Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Dynamic, high energy sales professional with 5+ years successful experience in direct sales, high-level, executive selling of long-cycle products.
- Prior experience as a Sales Engineer is a plus
- Experience selling enterprise level solutions in the security and compliance markets.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed quarterly quota.
- Strong computer, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Multiple language skills highly desired; Excellent English skills, both written and verbal, required
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel within the USA for business-related meetings.