United States of AmericaLocation:
PW208: Connecticut Remote Remote Location , Remote City, CT, 06035 USAPosition Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.Innovation through diversity of thought.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) organization is currently seeking highly motivated Composites Impact Dynamics Engineers to support both our commercial and military engine programs from technology development through operational support.Key Responsibilities:
- Non-management Impact Dynamics leadership within an Integrated Product Team for products requiring composite materials and structural adhesives
- Aid in material selection, laminate architecture, solid modeling, and design of sub-element components for test.
- Validation of subscale and full-scale static, dynamic and impact tests as well as application of state-of-the-art finite element-based methods to aid in design and validation of composite structures.
- Application of nonlinear, explicit dynamics methods to accurately simulate bird strike, blade-off, and containment events. Correlation of results against rotating rig & full engine tests.
- Documentation and presentation of results to internal and external customers and coordination with experts to advance technology and improve efficiency of engineering processes and methods
- Application of CORE (Customer Oriented Results & Competitive Excellence) tools and development of talent through mentorship and coaching
- B.S. in Engineering or related field and 12+ years prior relevant experience, OR Advanced Degree in a related field and 10+ years of experience
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract
- FEA Software experience (LS-DYNA, ANSYS, NASTRAN, Abaqus, Hypermesh, PATRAN, ProStar)
- Experience with analysis of jet engine bird ingestion and blade containment, automobile crashworthiness, or other complex impact dynamics events
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required.
- 10% Travel is Anticipated
What is my role type?
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency in finite element modeling & analysis of geometrically complex components & assemblies which spans static & dynamic analysis.
- LS-Dyna experience with jet engine impact events, including metal and composite hardware
- CAD Software experience (NX, FiberSIM, TeamCenter preferred)
- Mechanical design experience (bolted joints, hand calculations, etc)
- Material characterization, testing, and non-destructive inspection methods for composites.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:Remote
: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms