Position Summary: Terray Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and experienced immunologist to join our biology team. The candidate will play a key role in the evaluation of targets for immune modulation and be responsible for designing and optimizing a wide-range of biochemical and cell-based assays for the evaluation and profiling of hits from our screens and for lead optimization. Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of standard immunological assays and flow cytometry is required. The position will report to the Head of Biology.
The core responsibilities of this job will be:
- Evaluate new targets for inflammation/autoimmunity
- Independently design and optimize biochemical and cell-based assays specific to therapeutic targets of interest
- Adapt assays for medium to high-throughput screening of small molecule hits from our affinity screens
- Design and execute studies to fully characterize the mechanism of action of small molecules
- Analyze data and communicate results in our project team meetings
- Work closely with scientists across the company in chemistry, platform, screening and data teams to efficiently move projects forward
- Help evaluate and set up new lab instrumentation
- Support organization of lab and equipment as needed
Experience and Qualifications: Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a Scientist who is thoughtful, high energy and can partner with the broader organization to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- PhD with 5+ years of academic/industry research experience in the field of immunology, immuno-oncology or related scientific field
- Background in small molecule drug discovery preferred
- Extensive hands-on experience in primary cell isolation, differentiation and cell culture required
- Extensive hands-on experience with cell-based assays including flow cytometry, cytokine detection and gene expression analysis required
- Experience with screening small molecules in medium through-put cell-based assays and small molecule mechanism of action studies ideal
- Experience with reporter assays and proliferation/viability/apoptosis assays a plus
- Experience with biochemical assays and molecular biology techniques a plus
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and can thrive in a highly collaborative research environment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, ability to troubleshoot to solve problems and to deliver high quality data