Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
The Immunology Business Manager, PI will be responsible for driving Immunology sales growth through execution of sales strategies. Collaborates with Regional Business Director and various customer facing team members to ensure patients are supported through their PI journey. Drive demand generation efforts through a focus on healthcare professionals. The HCPs should be educated and informed on Shire brands, GAMMAGARD, HYQVIA and CUVITRU for Primary Immune Disease patients. This position requires daytime as well as evening and weekend activities, and the ability to manage through the complexity of the IG marketplace (distribution, site of care). This individual works closely with third party specialty pharmacies to ensure patients receive access to therapy. The candidate must compliantly adhere to all policies and guidelines and ensure high level of customer satisfaction and exudes Shire culture and values.
- Clinical sales background with a Bachelor of Science degree (minimum)
- 7+ years of demonstrated successful relevant healthcare experience in managing and being accountable for own business.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Immunology is highly desirable.
- Biotech experience desirable.
- Experience with Specialty Pharmacy is encouraged.
- Demonstrated ability to work across various organizational functions.
- Results driven- a track record of results and compliance throughout career.
- Demonstrated understanding of customers motivations and needs.
- Demonstrated business acumen and strong knowledge of sales processes.
- Background that showcases strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, and territory planning skills are required.
- Track record of displaying the ability to thrive both in team and individual contributor settings.
- Effective at acquiring, analyzing and interpreting customer data to create effective sales strategies.
- Demonstrated change agility skills and experiences required.
- Demonstrated results in influencing HCPs to prescribe, and launch experience a plus.
- Conduct patient and physician engagement on evenings and weekends, including the execution of Peer to Peer programming.
- Requirement to support conventions and meetings supporting Immunology.
•. Up to 70% TravelRequired.
- Wants to participate in a culture that puts the patient at the center of all that we do.
Req ID: R0019690