REDWOOD CITY, CA /RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT – NON-CLINICAL /FULL TIME
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Adverum is looking for an Immunologist to join our team in our Redwood City office. This person will be working with teams. This role is responsible for performing preclinical development activities (pharmacology and toxicology) for IND-enablement of gene therapy products in addition to facilitating and executing preclinical development plans for future pipeline products. The candidate must possess integrity, proven systematic drug development thinking, exceptional writing, and strong communication skills with the ability to work independently in a dynamic and cross-functional company.
What You'll Do:
- Technical knowledge and experience conducting studies in the lab
- Knowledge of in vivo techniques
- Write and edit preclinical study reports
- Work closely with the members of Preclinical Development to evaluate therapeutic candidates in normal and ocular diseased models
- Design and manage preclinical studies (GLP and non-GLP) for inclusion in regulatory submissions, including pharmacology, toxicology, and biodistribution/shedding studies
- Monitor conduct of preclinical study with CROs
- Write preclinical sections for preclinical submissions
- Work closely with other functional areas and colleagues to ensure that all studies are performed in a quality, timely and scientific manner
- Collaborate with project team members on development strategy
- Develop, and write, position papers on safety, pharmacology and mode of action to support product development
- Develop safety-related issue mitigation or resolution plans and coordinate execution of the experimental plan as required
- Prepare and edit non-clinical documents for regulatory submission (e.g. IBs, and regulatory briefing documents)
- Maintains a current understanding of pharmacology and toxicology literature and methodology, as well as the scientific literature related to the specific drug discovery projects
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology or a related field with 12+ years of experience working in the field of immunology
- Keen understanding of immune biology
- Serve as an immunology expert in the design and execution of ongoing research projects
- In-depth experience in principles and practices of cellular immunology,
- In-depth research experience to supervise laboratory staff, manage ongoing projects, contribute to the development of translational animal models
- Integrate and critically analyze data sets
- Ability to plan independently and execute experiments, develop reagents, methods and assays, record and interpret data, and succinctly communicate oral and written form results.
- Experience in T cell function/differentiation/signaling/regulation, phenotypic analysis of inhibitory and costimulatory targets and pathways and/or immune cell retargeting
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the examination of immune cells for host immune control and pathogenesis of infectious agents using virological and immunological analyses.
- Deep understanding of the principles of cellular immunology and how these relate to the pathogenesis and treatment of autoimmune/inflammatory disease
- The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in a research and development setting
Adverum is a clinical-stage gene therapy company targeting unmet medical needs in ophthalmology and rare diseases. Adverum develops gene therapy product candidates designed to provide durable efficacy by inducing sustained expression of a therapeutic protein. Adverum’s core capabilities include clinical development, novel vector discovery and in-house manufacturing expertise, specifically in scalable process development, assay development, and current Good Manufacturing Practices quality control.
At Adverum, Inclusion and Diversity are at our core. We believe in the power of being your authentic self. We strive to create the space which allows for everyone in our Adverum Community to not only feel safe but encouraged to speak, learn from each other, grow in their professions and be the very best versions of themselves no matter what their age, ethnic background, gender, origin, religion or sexual orientation