We are looking for Immigration Specialist for our client in Plymouth Meeting, PA
Job Title: Immigration Specialist
Job Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Immigration Specialist, US provides support to the Immigration Center of Excellence.
- This includes providing a high level of immigration related services to visa holders, green card applicants, internal stake holders, and the internal HR community. This is an internal immigration role within an HR department.
- The ideal candidate is looking to gain exposure to HR and immigration, working in complex situations that will give them subject matter expertise for moving into a more senior role.
- Provide comprehensive immigration support; which includes processing and managing US visa applications, coordinating the green card process, and responding to immigration related inquiries
- Manage relationship with outside immigration counsel to ensure adherence to compliance, service level standards, and communication.
- In coordination with the legal team perform detailed review of documents
- Compile and distribute metrics data
- processing visas and green cards, respond to visa inquiries and advise. Provide consultation on the visa process and ensuring compliance, attend site visits
- Provide immigration regulation updates and its impact to HR Business Partners and internal stakeholders
- Provide education & coaching on immigration policy and procedures
- Communicate with employees regarding their case status and provide assistance with visa stamping, and other documentation and procedures
- Track and monitor critical deadlines and proactively identify risk and issues
- Manage I-9 process including initial intake, maintenance, and periodic audits
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
- responsible for educating stakeholders and employees on the immigration process, compile metrics.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year of Immigration and Human Resources experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years MAX experience
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic knowledge of US immigration and visas
- Immigration experience at a law firm, HRexperience (generalist or coordinator), Someone who has worked with immigration in an HR space, working on the client side.
- No immigration paralegals ? someone that can work with the clients