Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Immigration Manager is responsible for managing Avant’s immigration team and coordinating immigration strategies for healthcare professionals. Managing the immigration team includes ensuring key metrics are met consistently each month and ensuring that visa petitions are processed and documented in a timely, efficient and effective manner. The Immigration Manager is responsible for immigration law compliance, in conjunction with guidance from outside counsel, the SVP Operations, and Avant’s executive team.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise immigration team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring and training department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee and coordinate the immigration team to process non-immigrant and immigrant visas filings which will include but may not be limited to:
- H1B cap visa filings – initial, amended and transfer petitions
- H1B cap exempt visa filings - initial, amended and transfer petitions
- Permanent Residency Visa filings – EB2/EB3 for PERM and non-PERM cases
- Other visas as applicable to include, TN and E3 visas
- Review, recommend and update processing guidelines and policies as needed in response to USCIS feedback, RFEs, denials and in response to outside council recommendations
- Ensure immigration processing is completed to meet key metrics, processing timelines, and placement timelines; provide at least bi-weekly status updates including discussion and reasons for any processing delays
- In consultation with outside counsel and SVP Operations, manage, analyze, prepare and submit responses to RFE’s, NOID’s NOIR’s for submission to USCIS within the time frame allocated
- Maintain and update documents to meet Department of Labor requirements for immigrant and non-immigrant visas to include public inspection files for Avant Healthcare Professionals and other entities as required, this will be in conjunction with guidance and review from outside counsel
- Ensure ongoing availability of prevailing wage determinations, client postings, and other required documentation to ensure petitions are able to filed on an ongoing basis with minimal downtime and disruption
- Analyze the department’s operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas for improvement
- Manage and work with immigration team members on all aspects of the visa processes.
- Research, analyze and remain current on immigration issues that can affect approvals and visa issuances for Avant field staff.
- Compile and keep current support information for the visa filings to include but not be limited to financial information, tax returns etc.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Coordinate with licensing specialists to meet filing deadlines.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to ensure visa processing is completed
- Coordinate client postings to comply with Department of Labor requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Received: Supervisor provides instruction and direction through personal observation, individual conferences, specific directive, and written memoranda.
- Exercised: This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within this department.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly.
Education, Training and Experience
- Proven ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow and process to generate results
- Proven ability to work with a team to accomplish objectives and must have a high attention to detail
- Experience in PERM Application process, Labor Certification, I-140, I-485, DS-260, EB2, EB3
- Experience in non-immigrant & immigrant Visa applications and petitions; Other visas as applicable to include, TN and E3 visas
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; will consider other qualifications and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Withstanding moderate amounts of stress
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment. Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST