As a member of the Global Mobility Services Team, the key responsibilities of this position include:
- Provides immigration planning guidance and support to business partners, hiring managers, recruiters, and other process partners to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and agreements.
- Communicates with, educates and trains end users and process partners on immigration processes.
- Participates fully in the up-front business planning and consulting process (OBIP, Business Case, Recruiters, Hiring managers, etc.) when immigration impacts could be relevant.
- Assists with employee escalations.
- Analyzes business situations and, in partnership with Mobility suppliers, develops and recommends complex, legally compliant immigration solutions as appropriate.
- Participates in supplier governance activities related to mobility and immigration:
Maintains positive professional relationships with immigration service providers.
Provides guidance to suppliers ensuring clear understanding of business objectives and requirements.
Troubleshoots individual case escalations as needed and systemic service provider issues.
Identifies immigration supplier performance issues to team leaders to manage Service Level Agreement and metrics standards.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Required Qualifications:
Experience working with employee relocation.
- More than 1 year of work experience in Global Mobility or a related service (e.g. Immigration Law, International Human Resources, and/or an International Assignee Tax Department)
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- International Immigration experience
- Demonstrated strong technical ability and analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service, communication, and project management skills.
- Mobility, Human Resources, or other certifications
- Familiarity with technology systems and workflow tools. May include human resource management systems, applicant tracking systems, and/or mobility systems and databases.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple activities concurrently.
- Proficient with excel, word and powerpoint
Bachelor's degree and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.