IMG - Build Team Engineer
- Job Number: 58244919
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 17-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Core Media team is seeking an experienced and detail oriented build engineer with a strong programming background as well as experience with version control systems, building, merging, and automation. This engineer will work within the Core Media frameworks team to integrate and ship exciting features for Apple’s iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS products.
- • 3+ years of SW development and system integration experience.
- • Highly competent with version control systems, preferably git and svn.
- • Experience with branching and merging.
- • Familiarity with macOS and/or Unix development and debugging tools.
- • Experience with embedded systems a plus.
- • Experience in building C based projects.
- • Experience with LLVM and/or Xcode and/or gnu make is a plus.
- • Skilled at scripting and the creation of automated build systems and continuous integration systems.
- • Experience in shell scripting, Python (perl is a plus).
- • Coding experience in a C based language a plus (C, C++, ObjectiveC).
- • Experience with Jenkins or similar tools a strong plus.
- • Excellent software process skills.
- • Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- • Ability to manage multiple tasks and self-prioritize.
- • Detail oriented.
The Core Media team provides the media software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac OS. Combining cutting-edge software with next-generation hardware we create industry leading features and products. The Core Media team is looking for a software engineer with a strong technical and programming background and experience as a build and integration engineer. The successful candidate for this role is a team-oriented professional with excellent communication skills, comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Work with a team of software engineers with specialties in many related areas to create cutting edge features and products.
BS/MSEE in Computer Science or related field