Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, HealthcareTechnology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
- Perform planned preventive maintenance, calibrations where certification may be required and electrical safety inspections on imaging and related equipment in compliance with established standards.
- Perform major repairs by replacing defective components, readjust components to manufacturer’s specifications using appropriate tools and measuring instruments. May require certification in order to complete repairs
- Assist with diagnostic imaging cross training of BMET Technicians
- Confers with manufacturer’s representatives and equipment operators to resolve equipment related problems
- Provide emergency on-callresponsibilities
- Research and initiate orders for repair parts, working within established budget parameters
- Conducts and compiles Quality Assurance records and reports necessary for compliance with specifications and policies
- Document all significant asset related actions in compliance with department practices
- Must be capable of performing all the duties and responsibilities of a BMET III
- Associates degree in Electronics/Imaging Technology, Biomedical Equipment Technology, or military training
- Prior experience of at least five years experience with various imaging equipment manufacturers or other appropriate related experience
- Minimum of five years experience in the repair of radiology equipment and prior biomedical experience
- Should possess specialized knowledge in several specialized modalities such as radiology, MRI, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, CT, cath. lab., linear accelerators, etc.
- Prefer certification (CRES) in these different modalities
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to serve "on-call" duty as required
- Must be willing to serve as a technical resource to others in areas of specialty or certification(s)