Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You will develop new algorithms and hardware architectures for hardware-accelerated image and video processing applications. You will work on topics that span areas of image processing, digital imaging, computer vision, computational photography, and machine intelligence. You will invent new algorithms, develop architectural C-models and specify architectures for future generation products. You will collaborate with Software/Hardware architects to explore build and test the best hardware architectures to process images and videos for applications including digitalphotography and machine intelligence.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Invent imaging pipeline blocks suitable for hardware implementations.
- Evaluate the architectural design and algorithms for digitalphotography, computer vision or machine intelligence scenarios.
- Design, define and specify computer vision and image and video processing IP. Author hardware specifications for efficient and practical implementation.
- Work with SOC architecture team to understand and improve the architecture and use cases.
- Work with the image quality and software teams to understand their requirements and to improve the designs.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in C or C++.
- Experience in digital imaging and computer vision methods and algorithms.
- Experience in imaging or vision pipeline.
- Master's or Doctorate's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience developing hardware IP.
- Experience in array cameras, computational photography techniques, depth sensing cameras and others.
- Deep understanding of machine learning or image and video processing algorithms for consumer photography or mobile applications.
- Understanding of image quality metrics.