Description: MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) is seeking experienced candidates for Imagery Scientist positions – journeyman level (minimum 3 years of experience). The Imagery Scientist will work with other multi-disciplinary remote sensing scientists and engineers providing data to analysts.
The candidate will provide imagery science support specifically related to the exploitation of radar or multi-hyper-spectral imagery to assist contactor and government team in optimizing the collection and exploitation of varied imagery data types, especially those categorized as AGI. The image scientist will collaborate with and provide scientific analysis support to imagery/geospatial analysts, who will leverage the value-added support to sharpen their assessments of current intelligence issues. The image scientist duties also include applying AGI techniques and capabilities to mission issues, as well as investigating innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis. The evaluation of commercial, academic, and outside approaches and algorithms, refinement, development of measures of effectiveness, improvements to system environments, and creation of new procedures will be commonplace. Formal and informal written reports and briefings will be necessary to capture plans, schedules, status updates and results.
The work requires candidates to have a security clearance, candidates are required to have US citizenship and TS/SCI and willing to take a Counter-Intelligence Polygraph. Positions are located in Springfield, VA. Requirements:
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Minimum of 3 direct experience in GEOINT tasking, collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination programs with a Bachelor of Science degree in image science, remote sensing, earth science, physical science, engineering, or similar engineering/science field.
- Must have experience in applied image processing and scientific analysis of Multi-Hyper-Spectral or SAR/Radar imagery, knowledge of image formation, and phenomenology.
- Additional experiencerequired includes scientifically processing imagery types from National, Civil, and Commercial imaging systems, proficiency with techniques, algorithms, and scientific analysis of imagery data processing using ENVI IDL and ERDAS IMAGINE.
- Experience in programming languages such as IDL, R, and Python.
- Scientist candidates must have experience in applied image processing and scientific analysis of spectral imagery, knowledge of image formation, and spectral phenomenology.
- Familiarity with commercial and civil data sources, integration of resulting data into ArcGIS.