ntegrity is seeking a motivated IMAGE SCIENTIST to support product evaluations, algorithm quality studies, new product initializations, or develop image quality equations to quantify the expected quality of an imaging system.
Candidate should have a working understanding and practical application of modeling components of the image path to include sensor, detector, atmospheric, and material properties. Imaging systems could include panchromatic (pan), RADAR, LIDAR, OPIR, hyperspectral (HSI) and/or multispectral (MSI) on board space or airborne platforms. Familiarity with current GEOINT systems, products and development, as well as the exploitation software packages will be necessary to develop test and verification methodologies. The candidate will work within an existing team to complete tasks as prioritized by government customers. Good communication and team work is necessary. A history of delivering results is critical to success.
- Required Experience/Education:Bachelor or advanced degree in Image Science, Optics, Engineering, or Applied Physics
- 5-10 years of experience working with electrical-optical, RADAR, LIDAR, hyperspectral and/or multispectral imaging platforms
- Image processing and digital signal processing experience
- Image chain analysis to include atmospheric modeling, signal quality and noise, optics, detector calibration, and image processing of pixel data
- Applied knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
- Understanding of data processing and statistics
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a dynamic work environment
- Track record of delivering results
- Preferred Skillset:Knowledge of National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) image chain
- Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g. NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment
- Experience developing engineering code (C, Python, Matlab, IDL) to solve hard problems and create processes for repeatable results.