- The position requires interacting with DoD video products with an understanding of, or ability to specify artifacts within the video as well as familiarity with content utility for generation of such evaluations as Essential Elements of Information (EEIs) and the criteria necessary to establish those evaluations.
- Ability to understand and capture details of image (preferably video) architecturenetwork paths and components (and their configurations) that could impact performance.
- The candidate should have a basic understanding of image science and the various collection phenomena such as pan imagery and video, multispectral, Infrared, RADAR and LiDAR as well as ground resolution criteria to achieve various ISR tasks.
- An understanding of imagery and video dissemination networks, image processing hardware such as encoders and data compression technology, and transmission systems including satellite and storage architectures is needed to be able to continue development of a full motion video (FMV) image quality evaluation and analysis
- Provide software interface between analytics and archiving an FMV video management capability. MATLAB programing experience in approximately the 1 to 5-year range with the ability to create or implement existing MATLAB code that can be troubleshot or improved upon in future revisions.
- Strong technical writing background where complex findings can be summarized in a more understandable manner. The candidate will be able convey the results by preparing technical presentations and reports.
- This position interacts with customers in the DoD, specifically Remotely Piloted Aircrafts and Distributed Ground Station communities to incorporate new features, accept requirements and address problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of experience or equivalent
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Degree in Image Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Active Security Clearance Preferred
- SBE Certified Video Engineer (CEV) or Certified Broadcast Television Engineer (CBTE) with five (5) years of experience in video engineering. BS and PE license count as four (4) years of experience
- 1+ years working with video formats and metadata from airborne sensors
- 1+ years of experience writing in MATLAB, Python, JAVA, or C++
- Knowledge of HD video, SMPTE 274M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, ISO/IEC 13818-1 MPEG2 Transport Streams, ISO/IEC13818-2 (MPEG2-Part2), ISO/IEC 14496-2(MPEG-4 Part 2) ITU H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC video streams
- Knowledge of MISB Metadata Standards: EG 0104, ST 0601
- Knowledge of MISB Image Quality Standards: ST 0901, ST 1108, RP 1203
Job ID: SIS20181206-25200