Image Scientists are responsible for providing image expertise in support of developing analytical processes and tools as well as assessing image quality impacts associated with collection and processing for dissemination, archival, exploitation and display of digital imagery.
Seeking an image scientist to support a long standing (50+ year) image quality assurance program which provides analysis of operational intelligence imagery across multiple imaging platforms, and imaging sensor modalities.
This image scientist will need to work under limited supervision to support tracking and trending the performance of operational imaging sensors.
- Apply specialized skills in digital image evaluation and image interpretation.
- Direct and assist in data management and file manipulation.
- Assess utility of image processing routines and advanced algorithms operating on today’s baseline and emerging remote sensing systems.
- Contribute to the investigation of solutions to highly complex problems encountered by engineering services and quality control using standard engineering practices.
- Author technical documents and presentations.
- Bachelordegree with 3+ years of experience or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in the field of imaging science.
- Education and experience in a remote sensing, imaging science, linear systems, digital image processing.
- An active Security Clearance highly desired.
- Experience with operational imaging systems and unique utility of different sensor modalities to include electro-optical and infra-red.
- Experience with analysis, exploitation, and advanced processing of electro-optical and infra-red image data.
- Experience manipulating remotely sensed data to solve specific industry problems.
- Experience with Advanced Geospatial Intelligence (AGI) and FSG (Full Spectrum GEOINT).
- Familiarity with ENVI/IDL programming, MATLAB, LINUX based scripting, Python and C++ programming.
Job ID: SIS20180803-23796