The Intel Imaging Customer Solutions team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, image quality tuning engineer.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- You will work with external vendors and cross-functional teams to diagnose and solve sensor and ISP problems
- Apply your knowledge of image quality to new applications and to drive innovation
- Define detailed technical requirements and metrics for image quality and test methodologies
- Participate in design reviews; work on image quality tuning, including camera Image Quality testing and ISP tuning for customer programs and also to provide feedback to algorithm development teams and tools teams
- Support algorithm team through iterative testing and ongoing support from prototype to product launch
- Work with driver teams and validation teams throughout release process.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any related field
4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Deep knowledge of Image Sensors and Image Quality tuning
- Experience with objective camera bench testing and subjective image quality analysis
- Deep understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodologies and industry standards
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Matlab programming skills on digital image processing
- Familiarity with module calibration issues
- Knowledge of camera components and functions
- Knowledge of megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, optics, lens selection and qualification, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, and be familiar with imaging algorithms
- Prior experience developing and performing lab type testing, optimization of ISPs, IQ evaluation work, and software for camera evaluation.