We are seeking a motivated and talented Image Processing Algorithm Engineer to participate with and contribute to a development team that is working on advanced image processing and computer vision algorithms and implement them in real-time military and space systems. Military infrared imaging technology is advancing rapidly. This is enabling the use of novel image processing algorithms to provide new benefits to the warfighter. L3 Technologies Sensor Systems Segment is the industry leader in state-of-the art ground, air, maritime, and space sensor systems. The successful candidate will combine knowledge of image processing / computer vision algorithms and real-time coding architectures to propose and develop solutions for next generation military systems. These algorithms and solutions will be used across multiple L3T companies. The candidate must be a self-starter and able to handle multiple tasks in parallel, collaborating with other engineering teams across multiple L3 divisions.
Responsibilities will include
- Research and development of basic to advanced image processing and computer vision algorithms, including but not limited to: image restoration, scene segmentation, target detection and tracking, data fusion, and video geo-referencing.
- Matlab coding
- Real-time processor architecture and code development
- Work successfully on a team to design and implement real-time image processing for military systems. Teams may span multiple L3 Technologies companies.
- Identify cutting-edge image processing or computer vision algorithms that can enhance new or existing imaging systems.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience industry and/or research experience developing algorithms for image/video processing, pattern recognition and computer vision applications.
- Expertise in machine learning, object detection and estimation.
- Expertise in target detection/tracking, video fusion, image restoration algorithms and/or video geo-referencing algorithms.
- Strong skills in mathematical modeling, simulations and algorithm performance evaluation.
- Algorithm development in Matlab.
- Must have the ability to obtain US Security Clearance
- An understanding of imaging sensors in relevant domains
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience in real-time programming, parallel and distributed computing, CUDA and VHDL.
- Experience in Visual Studio and Qt on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with Altera or Xilinx development tools.
- Experience in software/firmware development life cycles
- Bachelors’ Degree, ElectricalEngineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Physics or Mathematics
- Masters or PhD preferred