BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Serves as the head of the Oracle Platform team responsible for the enterprise ERP platform, data warehousing, corporate reporting, Oracle database services, related interfaces and Peripherals. Support implementation of additional functionality/modules, ensures audit compliance, patch management, upgrades and resolution of production issues.
- Responsible for hiring, development, and leadership of staff, continuous improvement of department processes and tools, and oversight of outsourced IM service providers working on site.
- Responsible for engaging, empowering, developing, and rewarding a talented and highly dedicated team of IM professionals supporting a complex and highly regulated 24x7 operation.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders and IM teams to develop annual plans, roadmaps, budgets, and project portfolios. Directs and tracks the implementation of projects and initiatives impacting Oracle Platforms per IM and PMO system lifecycle, program governance, and project management standards (including computer systems validation per GAMP best practices).
- Collaborates with global IM on local implementation and support of global technology initiatives in the Oracle suite of products.
- Responsible for managing the Outsourced DBA Managed Services, Sysadmin team, providing oversight of the engagement with hosted service provider
- Ensures that site IM personnel, procedures, systems and facilities (site data center) comply with health authority regulatory requirements (e.g., GMP) and internal company policies, procedures, and directives, and are audit ready every day.
- Ensures that IM department staff, procedures, and tools are sufficient to meet requirements for the administration and support of core Oracle modules (EBS, HYP)
- Assume broader responsibilities as the IM organization expands
- Define, develop, clearly and effectively communicate, implement and maintain the existing Oracle platforms
- Define, develop, clearly and effectively communicate, and implement the Cloud strategy.
- Maintain a tight relationship with respective ERP functional/solution delivery Leads, Infrastructure, IM Security & Compliance and Computer Systems Validation teams
- Collaborate with IM teams (BRM, Business Solutions, CSV, ESP, etc) to understand critical Business goals, objectives and timeframes and ensure that ERP roadmap is well-defined to support it
- Develop sustaining Technology roadmap that takes advantage of all the technologies owned by BioMarin IM
- Develop roadmap and provide guidance on Disaster Recovery, Local Site Resiliency, systems integration strategy, corporate reporting and dba services.
- Provide Subject matter expertise in core Oracle related areas, either directly or by supporting other individuals in the IM groups
- Ownership of the overall Oracle relationship including software and maintenance licensing strategy
- As a member of the Enterprise Architecture group, participate in developing and supporting the EA strategy for the company.
Management of Oracle Platform
- Responsible for team maintaining ERP Systems, data warehousing, corporate reporting, oracle dba services, integration, Peripherals and Infrastructure in accordance with QA Change Control procedures and established SOP’s
- Responsible for the direct management of AMS technical team supporting a global 24x7 operation, including team composition, balancing skill sets required and optimized team size
- Supports ongoing Production and non-production application environments, and projects. Manages team support of critical systems, issues, and problem resolutions
- Plan, resource and support year-end activities (Open enrollment, Payroll YE, etc)
- Responsible for team’s participation in project teams comprised of customers, partners, and peers as a technical subject matter expert and responsibletechnology areas
- Responsible for team’s engagement in technical requirements gathering and solution design sessions with customers, partners and other technical resources of all levels
- Manage the Data Warehousing team, define and maintain data integration strategies across the organization
- Manage the Oracle DBA team, define and maintain Oracle database strategies and roadmaps across the organization
- Team provides escalated technical and production support on an on-call basis
- Ensures team projects occur in accordance with IM standards and established strategy
- Apply knowledge and experience to understand business challenges and opportunities and drive new and innovative approaches to resolving them
- Work closely with analysts, developers, quality assurance, and production support team members to align projects and orchestrate resolutions on open issues/defects
- Support and architect on-going cloning activities in support of the business development needs
- 10-12years related experience in designing, building, and supporting advanced IM solutions in customer facing lead roles in Oracle technologies (EBS, OPSM, Hyperion, OBIEE, SOA, Oracle Database, Demantra, ASCP, IAM, etc)
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience directly managing a team of leads and support analysts
- Must have experience working in or supporting IM aspects of a biotech or pharmaceutical facility
- Experience working in a regulated environment with validated systems and exposure to managing compliance aspects of system ownership
- Experience working in a Process Manufacturing environment.
- Ideal candidate should have experience working with and or migrating to Oracle Fusion technologies. Working knowledge of Oracle Cloud technologies.
- Ideal candidate should have experience with supporting Oracle technologies in a hybrid public and private cloud environment.
- Strong project management, process improvement, change leadership, system development lifecycle, and IM service management skills.
- Experience with assessing and/or implementing business continuity plans related to 24/7 software systems
- Ability to work and communicate in a global, culturally diverse, fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A successful candidate must have a strong desire to work hard, improve their skills, and broaden the scope of their role within the organization
- Candidate must be a strong team player recognizing personal improvement and awards are best achieved by making those around you successful
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong Collaboration / Coalition Building Skills
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university or significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 10+ years of Oracle EBS related functional experience.
- 2+ years of leading governance forums.
- 5+ years of project and / or program management.
- 3-5+ years managing and supporting Enterprise Applications (Oracle, etc).
- Strong knowledge of Life Sciences related Business processes.
- Experience working in FDA regulated industries.
- Independent problems solving skills.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact positively with all levels of management as well as communicating problems to appropriate teams within the organization.
- Consulting or Business Management Services background is a strong plus.