This is a Supervisory Position
Functions Supervised: Business Continuity Management Planning and Information Compliance.
Primary Functions: Plan, coordinate, direction and oversee the Business Continuity Program and Information Management Compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned personnel by: recruiting and maintaining a trained staff; making employment, promotion and transfer decisions; and ensuring effective use of assigned resources.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and review the Credit Union and subsidiary Business Continuity Plan and business process continuity of operations plans based on industry-standard best practices and Credit Union goals and objectives.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and review the Information Management Compliance standards in accordance with industry-standard best practices and Credit Union goals and objectives.
- Coordinate organization-wide business continuity, emergency preparedness and information management compliance training to ensure staff members understand their responsibilities when executing the above mentioned programs.
- Conduct scenario development, and contingence planning related to business continuity and emergency preparedness. Draw conclusions from the results and recommend additional measures to close gaps when warranted.
- Develop, recommend, implement and oversee the enforcement of policies, standards and procedures for Information Management Compliance.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and planning for meeting future continuity and compliance.
- Develop, recommend, implement and oversee the enforcement of policies, standards and procedures for business resiliency and compliance.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the credit union's processing environment. Keep abreast of emerging technologies and business processes involving business resiliency and compliance.
- Identify and evaluate deficiencies in current Information Management compliance and business resiliency controls related to the Credit Union and Subsidiaries security posture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Equivalent in technical training and/or work experience.
Experience/Skills: Minimum of six years progressive experienced in a technical, contingency, or compliance position. Working knowledge of business resiliency, emergency preparedness and compliance. Demonstrated proficiency in managing large/complex enterprise projects. Good project management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the testing of emergency response, recovery support, and business resumption procedures. CBCP or equivalent certification preferred. Strong human relations skills to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization. Good oral and written communication skills. Prior financial industry and supervisory experience is preferred.