Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
ILD Clinical Educator I - Louisiana-1814019
Territory will consist of most of Louisiana. This includes: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Monroe and Alexandria.
The Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Clinical Educator is responsible for providing ILD disease state and product education and training to internal and external customers, inclusive of healthcare providers, patients, caregivers, consumers, and community advocates. The ILD Clinical Educator also supports the design and development of ILD educational resources, including disease state and management tools, healthcare provider resources, patient, caregiver, community advocate, and consumer education materials and programming. He/she assists in the identification, development, and support of Local, Regional and National ILD speakers and facilitates the delivery of peer medical education programs. The ILD Clinical Educator demonstrates expert knowledge of ILD disease states, treatment guidelines, product, supportive care, adverse event management, access/reimbursement, and the competitive landscape. He/she helps identify and develop optimal rapport with key ILD support staff customers and represents the ILD organization with influential community and academic based clinical customers. The ILD Clinical Educator identifies and collaborates with local, regional, and national professional societies to enhance collaborative partnerships and serves as an educational resource to promote disease awareness and advocacy. The ILD Clinical Educator also provides disease state and product education, including regular clinical and resource updates to Specialty Pharmacy partners as well as Helpline personnel.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The primary role of the ILD Clinical Educator is to provide education and training to patients who are prescribed BI ILD product. He/She is also focused on providing education to ILD nurse and support staff customers in the delivery of ILD therapies, patient treatment management and pertinent related clinical topics. The ILD Clinical Educator plays a key role in the care and support of ILD patients by educating on the complexities of treatment and potential for adverse events. Possessing expert knowledge and direct patient facing responsibilities, he/she supports the design of tools and resources that enhance clinical management of ILD patients as appropriate. The incumbent serves as an integrated educational resource for multidisciplinary support staff team members, and as a result, optimizes the delivery of holistic patient care in both the clinical and community setting. Through education, the ILD Clinical Educator facilitates access to BI ILD product, supports safe and responsible initiation of therapy, and promotes adherence to treatment as prescribed by the healthcare team.
- The ILD Clinical Educator supports the entire Sales Region, which may consist of multiple sales consultants and states within a geographical area. ILD Clinical Educators serve as conduits of information supporting internal and external partners within clinics, hospitals, key accounts, and in the local community, across the Region. He/She identifies, supports, and communicates unique business opportunities for related ILD product and shares intelligence with ILD sales partners, where appropriate. The ILD Clinical Educator assists in the identification and development of key physician, advanced practice clinician, and support staff opinion leaders. He/She also executes on patient, care giver, and consumer focused support initiatives through collaborative relationships with local advocacy groups. The incumbent works closely with regional sales and product reimbursement partners in addressing BI product issues related to side effect and adverse event management.
- The ILD Clinical Educator provides a consistent source of continuing education and support for ILD Nurse and support staff customers as well as BI Regional Sales partners. He/She provides assistance to BI ILD Sales Training and Associate Directors in designing, developing and conducting appropriate product and market place training. The ILD Clinical Educator will assist in the identification, design, development and delivery of ILD educational programming, inclusive of slide kits, workbooks, and electronic media, and supports the HPRC review and approval process. The Clinical Educator provides key insights and is a leader in the development and facilitation of in-services for ILD education on all BI ILD products with the intent of increasing disease awareness and improving patient adherence to therapy as prescribed by the healthcare team.
- The ILD Clinical Educator contributes clinical insights in support of the development of both short and long term regional marketing and strategic business plans. The ILD Clinical Educator also facilitates patient access to BI products.
- Performs all company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g.,EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and company policy and procedures. When violations are noted they are to be immediately reported to mgt. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain BIPI's excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in nursing or equivalent health care discipline such as Pharmacy, Respiratory Therapy, NP or PA Degree, and/or business related discipline. Master's level education from an accredited institution preferred.
- Active clinical license required.
- Three (3) or more years of successful combined clinical experience and/or pharmaceutical sales, clinical educator, or medical affairs experience (primary care, specialty care, institutional; background in ILD, Respiratory, Rheumatology, Immunology or Specialty focus preferred.
- Excellent communication, objective setting, and influencing skills
- Ability to travel in the US including overnight travel, approximately 50% (or more), depending on geography.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other relevant applications
- Success operating within a matrix environment where direct reports and their constituents are interdependent on others' engagement with customer universe.
- Communication skills, Business acumen, Analytical skills, Learning and Adaptability,
- Leadership Skills, Project Management, Influencing skills (working across internal stakeholders in Ridgefield, as well as external stakeholders in the ILD provider community).
- Strategic capability to develop and oversee the implementation of national and diverse Regional Business Plans necessary to achieve success across the complex and rapidly evolving ILD market.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting clinical and pharmacoeconomic data.
- Displays AAI behaviors: Agility, Accountability, and Intrapreneurship
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.